“worst food we ever had” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Crow's Nest

The Crow's Nest
4th at K Street, at The Hotel Captain Cook, Anchorage, AK 99501 (Downtown)
907/343-2217
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown
Naperville, Illinois
“worst food we ever had”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

Worst dinner we ever had. Both of our fish dishes tested like defrosted fish cooked in a microwave oven with test-less sauces which felt like mushed soap. Do not go to this restaurant.

• Visited August 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Ocean City, Md
“All good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

Stopped in for dinner and couldn't have been more pleased. On the pricey side however I guess given the location and quality of food it was worth it. I had the Elk with none marrow and my wife had the scallops. Both were delicious as were the Caesar salad and Alaska oysters. I'd go again if I was in town. Service was great!

Anchorage, Alaska
“Wonderful Server and Food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Bright Side: We had a party of 6 in the Lounge last night and even though the food and drinks were wonderful, our waitress Katie made the night even better,
A couple things we ordered were the artisan cheese plate and the charcuterie, and she was extremely knowledgeable on everything on the plates, she didn't stutter once and said it with impeccable finesse. The kitchen forgot one thing on our plate, but it was fixed within minutes.
Katie was very accommodating and attentive and I think she deserves a raise.

Down Side: The hostess wasn't very nice, it appeared as though she was annoyed she had to speak to us.

I selected the "Terrible" rating for Families with children, because the Crows Nest turned away both of my nephews who were just trying to celebrate their Grandmas birthday.

But don't let the downside out weight the bright. If you sit in the lounge and are lucky enough to have Katie as your server, you will have a wonderful night!

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Spokane, Washington
“for a good time ... avoid the Crow's Nest”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

I'd visited the Crow's Nest a few months back with friends and, while impressed with the beautiful room, we were completely unimpressed with the service. Our server was a pretentious wannabe who provided some of the worst service I've ever experienced. But, upon returning to Anchorage this trip with my wife, thought I'd take a chance and show my wife the room. We arrived with the intention of having dessert and drinks .. and our visit started off alright. We had a friendly server who took our order and we enjoyed the dessert and coffee drinks. When I tried to order another drink, she said she couldn't because it was past last call ... "oops, sorry I didn't stop by your table to give you last call and the bartender will be angry if I update your order because I already printed your bill." It was 10:30 PM. I think our server was sincere, but I am neither impressed by pretentiousness (1st trip) or sincere inefficiency (2nd trip). Let's just say, there won't be a 3rd trip to the Crow's Nest.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jasper, Georgia
“yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I cant remember the name of the desert I had, I do have a picture that suitable for framing...yay that good!!! Hope to travel back soon

Visited August 2014