“Good Food” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Orso is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 618 Restaurants in Anchorage
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Doing business, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: G
Transit: We are one block from the 6th avenue transit center.
Description: ORSO is well known as "The Place to Be." ORSO's New American cuisine expertly pairs delicious local flavors with the ever changing seasons of Alaska. ORSO is well known for a large selection of Alaskan seafood, grilled meats, award winning wine list and the best local ingredients when available.
McKinney, Texas
“Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

The Orso was a nice restaurant with a versatile menu. The seafood mac and cheese was very creamy and tasty and the Calamari was tender and delicious.

Visited May 2013

Wayland, Massachusetts
“Expensive but nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We were lucky to arrive when the Copper River salmon was available. I had the king salmon, others had the sockeye. It was tasty but a bit overdone. The asparagus was tough and undercooked. Our server was very attentive and accommodating for a late arrival to our group. The calamari appetizer was the best I have ever had, sweet, tender and not greasy. My second favorite restaurant after Glacier Brewhouse.

Visited May 2013
“Good food. Good service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Ordered the Capresi flat bread as our appetizer. While waiting we received the house bread with homemade hummus. Simple, yet delicious. The flat bread was a simple Italian flat bread with a pesto spread, mozzarella cheese chunks and sweet cherry tomatoes. Great bread, but to many tomatoes. They really drowned out the other flavors. I tried ordering the braised lamb, but they were out. I opted to try their filet. It was cooked medium well and served tasty rosemary potatoes and grilled asparagus. My wife had the lemon chicken panzanella salad, which she loved. Dessert was tiramisu and creme brûlée. Both desserts left us unsatisfied when it came to the flavor. Minus the overuse tomato and the dessert it was a pleasant dining experience. Service was attentive, though not to much. Price on some main dishes can be a little high, but are well worth it. I'd repeat.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Anchorage, Alaska
“Very good food and under new management”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

The last couple times I have eaten there, the General Manager (new in the last year), has come to the table to check on us. It is a very good place to eat and the staff is very engaging. Try the homemade beer from their sister restaurant next door.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Columbus, Georgia
“Meh...it was okay.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

The Glacier was packed so we decided to give Orso a try. It's deceivingly small inside and my mom who has bad knees had a hard time walking up the 40ish steps to the upstairs dining area. We tried the fried ravioli as an app and it tasted like the frozen ravioli you get in a bag. It also had very little cheese in it. I had a steak that was undercooked and I sent it back. My husband had crab Mac n cheese and it was pretty good! My mom had a steak and she said it was good not great. About 10 minutes after they finished their meals my steak came back out and was cooked nicely. It was pretty good. The potatoes and asparagus were ok. It took another 15 minutes to speak to a manager. She was very nice and professional and took my steak off the bill. I might try it again but I'm in no rush...

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Been to Orso? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Orso, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.