“Nice food and ale in downtown Anchorage” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Orso is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 618 Restaurants in Anchorage
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Entertaining clients, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Doing business
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dessert, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: G
Transit: We are one block from the 6th avenue transit center.
Description: ORSO is well known as "The Place to Be." ORSO's New American cuisine expertly pairs delicious local flavors with the ever changing seasons of Alaska. ORSO is well known for a large selection of Alaskan seafood, grilled meats, award winning wine list and the best local ingredients when available.
Rotherham, England
“Nice food and ale in downtown Anchorage”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

My wife and I ate here during our holiday of Alaska in Feb / March 2013.

The restaurant and bar were nice and full due to it being Fur Rondy / Iditarod week and we managed to squeeze into the bar area. The made for a good atmosphere.

We both thought the food was good if not excellent and the ale was excellent as you would expect from Alaska. The price was a little of the high side but probably expected given its location in downtown.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Palmer, Alaska
“Relaxing armosphere and delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

A varied menu of classic Italian dishes with an excellent wine list make Orso a very pleasant dining experience, The decor is elegant, the friendly and efficient. staff make for a relaxing evening of dining and conversation. If you prefer a place where you can hear your tablemates, Orso is for you.

Visited October 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Excellent Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I eat at this Orso's when ever I get a chance. Not only do they have excellent food in a wonderful atmosphere they have outstanding customer service. In fact I wish more restaurants/business understood had this level of service. I ordered a to-go order of my favorite salad with their wonderful bread and humus. When I got back to my hotel I found that they had not included the bread and the salad was not the usual. I was tired and hungry so a little irritated however when I showed up to get the bread. (yes I was really hungry to go back for bread) The manager was waiting and personally apologized along with re-making the salad. ( I didn't ask for that i just wanted the bread and humus) She could not have been more pleasant and understanding. It instantly made me smile and remember why I love Orso's. As usual the salad was fabulous. The Salmon was perfectly cooked! I highly recommend giving Orso's a try while visiting Anchorage.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Eagle River, Alaska
“Family favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

The food is very well prepared and very imaginative. Service staff was wonderful. We have dinners there for special occasions and feel satisfied with the meal and service

Visited December 2012
Anchorage
“Worth the visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Orso is one of the other top 5 options to choose from for higher scale establishments in the Anchorage area. It is the sister company of Brewhouse which is right next door. You will even find similar menu items between both of them. However, Orso has a higher class menu and it's atmosphere once you walk in sets that tone as well.

I've been generally please each time I've visited, service has usually been spot on but I feel it could use a bit more professionalism. For example the staff could be more helpful in taking your coat or walking you to your table.

Though their food I've personally thought has always been great for me and I've never come out disappointed. It is a bit pricy but it's as to be expected for this kind of establishment.

It's definitely worth the visit if you have never tried them out and just create your own personal opinion for yourself. I do see some of the mix reviews but I've had multiple group valentines day dinners here and we've always been happy.

As an added tip! If you want to save yourself some money before visiting. Stop on by at Costco and pick up a gift card there. You can purchase a $100 gift card for $80, valid at Orso and Brewhouse. Makes stopping by even more worth it.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Orso? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Orso, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.