“A must visit when I am in Anchorage” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Glacier Brewhouse

Glacier Brewhouse
737 W 5th Ave, Anchorage, AK 99501 (Downtown)
907 274 2739
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Glacier Brewhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 684 Restaurants in Anchorage
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Seafood, Eclectic
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: H
Transit: We are one block from the 6th Avenue bus terminal.
Description: You will know the moment you walk in that this is not your typical brew pub. The scent of the alder wood grill and wood fired oven, the energy of the sparking exhibition cooking line and the glow of the brewery delight your senses. The BrewHouse features rotisserie grilled meats, the freshest Alaskan seafood, wood fired pizza and award winning hand crafted ales. The BrewHouse is Anchorage’s downtown landmark restaurant-“Where Alaskans meet Alaskans”.
Portland, OR
“A must visit when I am in Anchorage”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I first went here in the mid 1990s, the first time I went to Alaska. Coming from Portland, I wasn't expecting much (beer snob) :) The beer was, and still is, surprisingly fantastic. Then the food came. Usually one expects that the beer may be great, but the food will be mediocre at a brew pub. The food here is fantastic. In Anchorage for work, I had the herb crusted halibut for dinner last night, and though not cheap, well worth it. It would have put me over my daily per diem, so I gladly paid for it myself.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Eastern NC
“Grilled salmon and halibut were memorable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Made reservation because of reviews of waits. We were seated on time however the restaurant was packed during peak travel season and was quite energetic. We had salmon the halibut special of the day. Both were outstanding. The lager was tasty and paired nicely with the meal.
Service was friendly but strained due to number of diners. Interior of the restaurant decor felt contemporary and reflective of Alaska.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
North Bend
“Great Beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We arrived at 4:00 and it filled up quickly. Oatmeal stout was delicious and IPA was very good too. My wife had their snow cosmo (currant vodka, white cranberry, lime sour) which was excellent. Food was very good compared to "pub fare" and I thought reasonably priced for Alaska. Kid menu was great value - kids got fruit cup, choice of a few entrees, drink and then a real ice cream cookie sandwich for desert. Thai pizza was very good and salmon/shrimp ceasar was decent. Service was very prompt until restaurant filled up then desert came slowly.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“packed. but with good food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

this is the place to be for dinner. great options on the menu, perfect service and darn good food. come hungry - the portions are generous.

Visited August 2013
“Good staff, average food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

I ate my only meal in Anchorage at the Glacier Brewhouse. I was pretty optimistic due to the massive crowd there & the good vibe. The staff squeezed me it to eat at the bar, & the bartender that looked after me was really helpful & efficient, but the food (I had the wild salmon) was pretty tasteless apart from the salt. I really wanted to like this...but the food was a let down despite all the other good stuff happening there.

Visited August 2013