“Great selection of seafood and brew!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Glacier Brewhouse

Glacier Brewhouse
737 W 5th Ave, Ste. 110, Anchorage, AK 99501 (Downtown)
+1 907-274-2739
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Glacier Brewhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 693 Restaurants in Anchorage
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Seafood, Eclectic
Good for: Entertaining clients, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: H
Transit: We are one block from the 6th Avenue bus terminal.
Description: You will know the moment you walk in that this is not your typical brew pub. The scent of the alder wood grill and wood fired oven, the energy of the sparking exhibition cooking line and the glow of the brewery delight your senses. The BrewHouse features rotisserie grilled meats, the freshest Alaskan seafood, wood fired pizza and award winning hand crafted ales. The BrewHouse is Anchorage’s downtown landmark restaurant-“Where Alaskans meet Alaskans”.
Freeport, Illinois
“Great selection of seafood and brew!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

While traveling recently for business with a group, the Glacier Brewhouse was recommended by locals as a place to have our final meal during our stay in Anchorage...it was a great recommendation!

Reservations should be made, because the place is always busy. We had a group of 11, and they accommodated us perfectly. We started out our meal with several different appetizers, from king crab legs to salmon & artichoke dip, to salmon chowder, all present were delighted with their choices.
Many in the group had the planked salmon, and were quite happy with their choice. Moist and succulent, it was great final meal in Anchorage. Dessert is a must; many like the peanut butter pie, but I was more impressed with their bread pudding...highly recommend!

If you're in Anchorage, I can't recommend highly enough to stop here for a meal!

Visited February 2013

Anchorage
“Always enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I am a bit surprised at some of the negative reviews posted but honestly it's going to happen at any restaurant you visit. There will always be that occasional bad experience but unless you give them another chance, you will never know.

Personally I've been here numerous of times and have always had a good experience. The service has been consistent throughout and I've never really ran into too much of an issue. The only problem I can think of is I had a friend request for a spicier calamari and instead of the chef incorporating some spice into the batter, he was just handed a side of cayenne pepper. That alone is probably the worst I've ever seen of service but overall it's always been great.

I don't know why someone mentioned a rush feel to get you in and out because I've never had that. I've always been told to feel free to take my time, no rush in finishing my beverage and so forth.

Another thing to mention is that this place is loud, it's big and open, connecting to the bar side as well and in addition it has a very large open kitchen. I wouldn't recommend it for a intimate date but that's why it's sister company Orso is right next door.

Their drink selection is great and they have their own line of microbrews. Tuesdays are known as growler tuesday and you can fill up yours at nearly half price. It's a great deal. Mixed drinks have always been pretty spot on such as their margaritas.

Food is generally quite good but I do feel they're a bit overpriced just because of the atmosphere. You're close to paying upper scale pricing but you're in a pub like establishment. I finally had a chance to order a pizza from them and it's quite good for gourmet. One thing I can compliment them on is I asked for fresh tomatoes on top and it was fairly disappointing on what came out. The waiter immediately noticed this before I could even comment and asked if he could make it right and send it back. Sure enough came back amazing and exactly as I expected.

For those complaining about their pizza, it's going to just be one of those things where people have their preference. You have those that think Pizza Hut is the best in the world and those that will feel that Brewhouse has the best. It's really a matter of taste and gourmet pizza is just one of those things. You either like it or you don't.

Either way be sure to make a reservation if you're stopping by on the weekend. Otherwise you will easily be waiting 45minutes - 1hr+ for seating.You can try and battle for a free open seat in the bar area but if you're with more than 1 friend then good luck with that. You'll have to pounce on a seat as others are viciously waiting.

Definitely worth stopping by if you haven't tried them out. It's easily one of the best places you'll find in Anchorage.

As an added tip!! Visiting your local Anchorage Costco and pick up their gift cards. You can purchase a $100 gift card for $80, valid at any Orso or Brewhouse location. So if you feel it's a tad pricy, knocking off $20 really makes it more worth it.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Anchorage, Alaska
“Alaskan atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Great place to bring visitors but never sure if they will enjoy there meals. Always ask for day specials

Visited January 2013
“Unexpected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We lived here for three years and just tried this one, omg amazing!! I would have went here a lot more if I knew how good it was. Not cheap, but quality and great service. We literally licked our plates clean. This is hands down the best we had in ak.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Richmond, Virginia
“Decent but pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

This has great atmosphere and a good selection of their own brews. I had fresh caught steelhead as fish of the day. They fixed it in a way that I could tolerate (not spicy) so I enjoyed it. Very accompdating. Come as you are to this friendly, clean and relaxing place. A little pricey for the portion.

• Visited February 2013