“Food was good, Service was outstanding!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Simon & Seafort's Saloon & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 684 Restaurants in Anchorage
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between 4th and 5th
Transit: We are located in the heart of downtown. Public transportation is available within feet of Simon and Seafort's.
Description: Daily Happy Hour: 3-6pm & 9-Close. Known by the locals simply as "Simon's," we are an Anchorage landmark with beautiful panoramic views overlooking Cook Inlet of Mount Susitna and the Alaska Range giving guests a true Alaska dining experience. Our classic American grill has been artfully serving quality USDA prime-aged steak, fresh and innovative seafood since 1978. Chef James Sheppard has worked at Simon & Seafort's for 16 years and is an expert at preparing Alaska seafood. Crab stuffed Alaska halibut, Asiago crusted Halibut Cheeks, Wild Alaska salmon and rock salt roasted prime rib. Take advantage of our two hours of validated parking in the Captain Cook garage and enjoy a daily lunch, dinner or perhaps a special business or romantic occasion in our inviting and spacious dining room. Join our longtime friends and frequent visitors who have enjoyed many fond memories over the years as our guests and see why we are known locally for the best view and best seafood in Anchorage.
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Food was good, Service was outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I tried Simon & Seafort after asking locals where to go for the best seafood. When you arrive at the restaurant there is a Sallon side that is first come first serve on finding a table. The restaurant side accepts reservations. We were dressed in our running clothes since we had just finished up a run on the trail and no one looked or treated us any differently.

I guess we lucked out as there were 3 tables opened when we arrived a little after 7 pm. We sat at the bar so we could view the bay. Our waiter Tom was AWESOME! He got our drink order and then saw a table by the window had opened up and asked if we like it instead. Tom was very attentive to us and provided information on Alaska and the bay we were overlooking.

For food my husband got the Halibut fish & chips. I couldn't decide between the Halibut Cheek or the Stuffed Halibut. When I asked Tom for his recommendation he informationed me that I could get a half portion of both. An unexpected surprise.

Our meals were both delicious with the fish being cooked to perfection. My Halibut duo entree ran $35 and my husband's ran around $19. So not cheap but definitely worth the price.

Visited July 2013

Elgin, Texas
“Meets the Hype”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had been told repeatedly that we must eat here when we got to Anchorage. We are big seafood fans and were excited to try it. Mel was our waiter, treated us with care, and tended to our needs frequently without our initiating the interaction. Food was unbeatable. I had the "fish of the day," which was grilled , and it was grilled just as requested. The other members of our group had the stuffed prawns, and they were deletably rich. Dessert was included with our "first-seating special", and both the peanut butter pie, and the sundae were ordered. There was not a crumb left on any plate. Pricey, but worth the money.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sisters, OR
“Enjoyed eating & sharing conversation in the bar area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The restaurant was packed with many waiting for tables when we arrived without a reservation. Lucky for us two seats in the bar opened up soon after we strolled in. The place was jumping and if you want a quiet, dinner for two, make a reservation. Service was friendly and prompt. We thoroughly enjoyed our halibut and salmon, perfectly prepared with just the right amount of seasonings and accompaniments. Unlike other Alaskan sized meals, the portions were just right. Excellent wine list with a numerous varietals and price points. We enjoyed talking with other diners at the bar and would recommend that if you are in the mood for conversation with other locals and tourists.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cadillac, Michigan
“YUMMMMM”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I havent been to Simon's in several years because I had moved, but I try and make it a point to go when I am home for a visit. At this visit Myself and my husband both got the Halibit lunch special. It had Roasted red peppers and spiniach with some kind of amazing sauce inbetween a onion bun. It was the best halibit I had on my visit ( I ate it a 2 other places). I will definatly be returning on my next visit.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Poughkeepsie, New York, United States
“Classy, but Just Okay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

This restaurant is certainly classy. But the food and service were just okay. No major problems, but little WOW. If it wasn't for the atmosphere it would have been a 3.

Visited July 2013