“Three meals” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery
Nashville, Tennessee
“Three meals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We happened on this diner in downtown Anchorage and enjoyed it so much that we returned twice more during our week long visit. Our selections were mostly breakfast which is served until closing time. We tried the oatmeal, pancakes, omelets and reindeer sausage. All were great with a little something special to rise above the ordinary. The staff were all nice and seemed to enjoy being there. We didn't have to wait on the second and third visit since we avoided peak hours and went on weekdays. Definitely recommended.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Korean first
Chicago
“Very Good Breakfast and Nice Vibe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I went here during the week for breakfast by myself. There was a wait, but I was able to grab a spot at the counter immediately upon arrival. I had the egg benedict and it was very good and the wait staff was very nice. There was a very nice vibe in the restaurant with the staff and the overall feel. I would definitely recommend for breakfast in downtown Anchorage but be prepared to wait if you are in a group.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Go somewhere else for breakfast.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Concierge at our hotel recommended this place for breakfast. So...we decided to try it. We were told it was a twenty minute wait. Uh, try forty minute wait. We hoped it would be worth it. Again, no. The crab cakes were more bread than crab and I tasted more grease than anything else. The eggs were runny and the service was, meh. It's SO not worth the wait. I would have rather gone to an IHOP.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
snowcitycindy, Manager at Snow City Cafe, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Hi there, I am so sorry to hear you did not have a good experience. We certainly try to quote proper wait times and that was the first fail, I'm sure not lending you to start a good experience after that.

We know the wait is long and hope to make up for it with the quality of food and service, which were unfortunately a fail on your account, as well. I am so sorry that your negative experience only built as the meal was served. We strive to provide quality on all accounts.

I am especially sorry that if you do not live here we will not be able to have a second chance. If you are back in town, please contact us and we will make a reservation for you and make sure that everything is done properly and up to our standards as well as yours.

If you are not going to be in town again, I can only apologize one more time. I hope that you had a great trip.

Jacindra Franks
Marketing Coordinator
Snow City Cafe
907-272-3239
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Good Food, Long Wait”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We arrived at 11:00am on a Friday and had hoped to beat the breakfast and lunch crowds. However, for two people it turned out to be an hour and 15 minute wait. We decided we were too hungry to wait that long and ended up ordering take out. We ordered the Chicken Salad BLT, Italian Classic Panini and two smoothies (teklanika and kantisha) Both the sandwiches and smoothies were delicious. We only had to wait about 15 minutes for our order and it only cost about $32 total for everything we got. The food was delicious, but I don't know whether I'd go back because of the wait.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Severn, Maryland
“Great breakfast, but there's a wait”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We were told an hour and twenty minutes, so we ordered to go and ate on the picnic table in front. The coffee comes with the meal and it's serve yourself, so you can grab a cup and wait. I would have to say it's worth the wait. One of the best omelets I've ever had, and the hash browns were about perfect. As I understand it it's almost always busy, so expect a bit of a wait. There are plenty of little shops around to browse, so take the time. Well worth the wait, so stop by and have a cup.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere