“Good pub” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery
“Good pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We were staying at the Hilton a block away after a tiring 10 1/2 hr flight. Ate upstairs. Had good halibut and chips and two really tasty drafts. Price was reasonable. Service was quick and friendly. I would go back.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

90% Recommend
Ashburn, Virginia
“Be Prepared to Wait”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We decided to try someplace "new" for breakfast during our recent visit to Anchorage, so I turned to TripAdvisor. We got a bit of a late start and I told my husband that reviews often mentioned a long wait. He didn't believe me and said it wasn't high season and it wouldn't be crowded. When we arrived there were people waiting both inside and out. I was given a pager and told the wait was about 40 - 45 minutes which gave us some time to wander around downtown Anchorage. There is a table just inside the door with coffee and mugs with a sign to let your server know you had some so it could be added to your bill. The hostess writes names and the number in the party on a post-it note and then stacks them by party size. Our wait was actually about 30 minutes.

They make use of every available space in the restaurant to put tables/booths. Decor is a bit eclectic. We shared a side of salmon cakes which I didn't really care for. The salmon was very fishy, and too overpowering for us. I had the crabby omelet which was quite good. It contained hunks of crab as well as Swiss cheese, and was topped with avocado. It came with a side of hashbrowns and toast, but I was able to substitute an English muffin for the toast. I'm not usually a jam/preserves eater, but they had jars of what looked to be in-house made varieties on each table. We had strawberry on ours and it was very good. My husband had biscuits and gravy, along with scrambled eggs. He said his meal was good too.

Service was adequate, but not overly friendly. A lot of locals eat here, so be prepared for a wait even if you go in the off season.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Perfect breakfast spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

My only regret is that we didn't find this place until my last day in Anchorage. Cool decor, good service and the food is great. Exactly what we were looking for. We both had the combo of pancake/eggs/bacon and all was really delicious. We got the potatoes with cheddar on the side which was also excellent. My boyfriend went back here the next day and had the same thing, that's how much we liked it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Snow City Lives Up to its Reputation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

My husband & I were staying at a nearby hotel at the end of a cruise & land tour. Consulted Trip Advisor for some opinions of nearby places for a late lunch. Snow City was highly rated & did not disappoint. We were seated immediately and enjoyed our meal very much. They close at 3:00 p.m. but were still seating people at 2:59. Nearly full at closing time which attests to their great reputation. The sandwich place next door also closed at 3:00 p.m. and there were no customers & doors locked by 3:02.

Visited September 2013
Caeur D Alene
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic and friendly service.
It's a young vibe with good music and great food

The Kodiak eggs where amazing. Very tasty crab cakes with the poched eggs.

It's a wonderful place to hang out and people watch. All ages and styles come here.

I will return

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Snow City Cafe? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Snow City Cafe, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.