“Sweet suite.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Alaska Chalet Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Anchorage
Alaska Chalet Bed & Breakfast
You added Alaska Chalet Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
11031 Gulkana Circle, Eagle River, Anchorage, AK 99577   |
Ranked #28 of 121 Anchorage B&B and Inns
Washington State
“Sweet suite.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2008

This is more of an apartment than a B&B. It has as much square footage as my apt back in Seattle. The bed is comfy and the bathroom was mostly clean (the whirlpool jets hadn't been used in a while, so spit out dirt when turned on).

Breakfasts were good and very filling. They were served with panache. However, the host had a difficult time thinking beyond eggs for this vegetarian, so breakfast got a bit repetitive, and I won't have my cholesterol checked this month.

Great if you are a family traveling together. I found the location isolating (I didn't have a car) and the apt too big for one person. However it was a comfortable, clean and warm place to lay my head, and is probably more inviting in the summer time.

• Stayed February 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Ewing, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2007

Last May I visited a relative in Eagle River, about a 20 minute drive outside of Anchorage (not a long drive in a place of such vast distances). We stayed at the Alaska Chalet B&B in their suite. It was wonderful - like having a small apartment with maid service. The hostess was extremely cordial and efficient - the whirlpool tub and the place in general were kept in immaculate condition (wish she'd come clean MY house!) and the breakfasts she cooked for us were fantastic. German pancackes, reindeer sausge, french toast and a selection of jams were a sample of the variety over our 10 day stay which we enjoyed.
The suite had a large bedroom as well as a smaller secondary bedroom which I used as a dressing room - the captains bed was a great place to lay out my clothes. The living room was cozy and having a full kitchen was nice - mainly we ate out but one night we cooked spaghetti at "home".
I found this a great value for the money and the drive to Anchorage was pleasant. Eagle River itself is a great little town with no lack of restaurants, stores and services. If you are visiting Anchorage I'd highly recommend this B&B - it was so much nicer than a hotel, and off the main highway so in a quiet neighborhood. I'd definitely stay there again!

• Liked — 1) Value, 2) spaciousness of the suite 3) breakfasts cooked specifically for us
  • Disliked — Can't think of anything - it was all good!
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Riverbank Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2006

I recently stayed at the alaska chalet in Eagle river...I stayed in the alaska suite. It was a large suite with a living room and small kitchen where the host would come cook you a fabulous filling breakfast in the morning. She would fix what ever you felt like eating. The conversation was great too!! The bed was large and comfy and the whirlpool tub in the bath was great. The living area had a nice picture window with a view of the mountains. The suite had it own private entrance. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Alaska Chalet Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!