“Clean, just old” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Anchorage Midtown

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Anchorage Midtown to your Saves list
Motel 6 Anchorage Midtown
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   5000 A St, Highway 1 East/Seward Highway, Anchorage, AK 99503 (Midtown)   |
Ranked #37 of 69 Hotels in Anchorage
Homer, Alaska
“Clean, just old”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We stayed in a Handicap Accessible King room. I have to give them credit, the room was very easy to maneuver in (I was on a knee scooter post surgery). The bathroom was set up nice, and they even provided a shower chair!

The heater/air conditioner was a little loud (it woke me up when it turned on a few times). Also, it was clear that the bedspread was left over from when smoking was more prevalent in rooms - there were two holes in it from what looked like cigarette burns. Lastly, our TV was "possessed" - we ended up having to unplug it. It would turn itself off and on 5 or 6 times. It looked like the Power Button had been mashed in, and so there was some sort of a short. My husband just ended up unplugging it after it flashed on and off around 11:30 at night.

It was clean and it appeared that the room had been well taken care of it, was just dated.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Claudia A, General Manager at Motel 6 Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you. Your feedback is extremely important as it enables us to continually improve our service and provides a memorable experience to our valued guests. Thank you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Anyone traveling to Anchorage in June knows that the sun stays up a longggggg time. You would think that motels and hotels would have sufficient window coverings to allow their guests to sleep (I need a dark room). But this place had regular drapes that barely covered the glass surface-so sleep was impossible....and at $141 + change! I thought that a good night's sleep would have been a reasonable request. Never mind the dirty sock in the corner of the room, the woman across the hall yelling for her husband to "GET OUT"!!!!! over and over and over again (or maybe she was yelling at herself) whatever....this is a no-frills kinda' place. No cutsie shampoo or lotion samples provided in the bath...oh no...don't expect much....just prepare to be 'way overcharged.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. Thank you.
Crisfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Booked a room here after seeing the reviews and the rates other hotels wanted in Aug. Not fancy but very clean and neat. We only needed a place for 1 night and it saved us money. Would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
San Jose, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I'm usually not hard to please when it comes to travel accommodations. As long as it's clean, has what I need, and I get a good nights rest, I'm set. I was at this Motel 6 for a business trip to Anchorage, and while the lack of cleanliness was borderline, it was the noisiness that just completely ruined everything for me. Either management doesn't know how to pragmatically handle rowdy customers or the walls are too thin. Maybe both. Definitely stayed elsewhere the next time I was in town.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Anchorage
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

We stay in Anchorage once a month in the winter and decided to stay at the Motel 6 instead of the Clarion downtown where we usually stay. The hotel is a no frills hotel, clean, with comfortable beds however we will not stay there again. The people in the room next door hollered, talked loud, and slammed doors most of the night. I called the front desk at 1:45 a.m. to complain and was told they would see what they could do which was apparently nothing. Finally at 3 a.m. they quieted down, but at 7 a.m. started screaming at each other and slamming the doors, which started their kids crying very loud. I went to the front desk and the clerk acted surprised when I told her about the problem. There is no way they could not have heard them since it was on the 1st floor fairly close to the office.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Claudia A, General Manager at Motel 6 Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. Rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

My experience of staying at this Motel 6 is as I expected - big, clean, basic room.
I had a good sleep while on a short stay here, however, my friend who is more of a light sleeper find some trouble doing so because there is little noise that could be heard during the night. And yes, I believe animals are allowed since I heard a dog barking in the morning. That does not bother me, but it may affect other guests.
Airport shuttle to hotel is available if one doesnt have a rental car.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Fredericton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

We have stayed here on a couple of occasions because it is one of the cheapest hotels in the area, especially in the summer. The most recent visit will be our last. They advertise that pets are allowed and canbe left in the room if in a crate. When we arrived we were told that the dog could not be left in the room at all. This meant that in August we had to take our dog in the car everywhere. Thankfully it was cloudy and not too warm so she was OK, but definitely not the ideal. Beds were really soft on the last trip and could not get comfortable at all. Rooms are very small. Wifi was not available. Called the front desk and they were not at all helpful.The clincher for us not returning was seeing a mouse by the elevators on the 3rd floor.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Claudia A, General Manager at Motel 6 Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, November 12, 2013

Been to Motel 6 Anchorage Midtown? Share your experiences!