“So. Noisy.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Anchorage Midtown

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Anchorage Midtown to your Saves list
Motel 6 Anchorage Midtown
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   5000 A St, Highway 1 East/Seward Highway, Anchorage, AK 99503 (Midtown)   |
Ranked #36 of 69 Hotels in Anchorage
San Jose, California
“So. Noisy.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I'm usually not hard to please when it comes to travel accommodations. As long as it's clean, has what I need, and I get a good nights rest, I'm set. I was at this Motel 6 for a business trip to Anchorage, and while the lack of cleanliness was borderline, it was the noisiness that just completely ruined everything for me. Either management doesn't know how to pragmatically handle rowdy customers or the walls are too thin. Maybe both. Definitely stayed elsewhere the next time I was in town.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Anchorage
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

We stay in Anchorage once a month in the winter and decided to stay at the Motel 6 instead of the Clarion downtown where we usually stay. The hotel is a no frills hotel, clean, with comfortable beds however we will not stay there again. The people in the room next door hollered, talked loud, and slammed doors most of the night. I called the front desk at 1:45 a.m. to complain and was told they would see what they could do which was apparently nothing. Finally at 3 a.m. they quieted down, but at 7 a.m. started screaming at each other and slamming the doors, which started their kids crying very loud. I went to the front desk and the clerk acted surprised when I told her about the problem. There is no way they could not have heard them since it was on the 1st floor fairly close to the office.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Claudia A, General Manager at Motel 6 Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. Rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

My experience of staying at this Motel 6 is as I expected - big, clean, basic room.
I had a good sleep while on a short stay here, however, my friend who is more of a light sleeper find some trouble doing so because there is little noise that could be heard during the night. And yes, I believe animals are allowed since I heard a dog barking in the morning. That does not bother me, but it may affect other guests.
Airport shuttle to hotel is available if one doesnt have a rental car.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Fredericton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

We have stayed here on a couple of occasions because it is one of the cheapest hotels in the area, especially in the summer. The most recent visit will be our last. They advertise that pets are allowed and canbe left in the room if in a crate. When we arrived we were told that the dog could not be left in the room at all. This meant that in August we had to take our dog in the car everywhere. Thankfully it was cloudy and not too warm so she was OK, but definitely not the ideal. Beds were really soft on the last trip and could not get comfortable at all. Rooms are very small. Wifi was not available. Called the front desk and they were not at all helpful.The clincher for us not returning was seeing a mouse by the elevators on the 3rd floor.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Claudia A, General Manager at Motel 6 Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Stayed for two separate nights during a trip to Alaska this August. The location is approximately half way between Ted Stevens and downtown Anchorage. Courtesy shuttles were prompt and the trip to the city is about a $15 taxi ride. As for dining options, there's a restaurant in the neighbouring Crowne Plaza. A few other options exist in the mall across the main road. Wi-Fi worked perfectly well in the room, which was clean and spacious. Considering the hotel prices in Alaska in summer, this place served the purpose between flights.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Claudia A, General Manager at Motel 6 Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Motel 6 Anchorage. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback, I will share your comments with our team.
We hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Best regards
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We were looking for an inexpensive hotel close to the airport to spend 1 night at prior to renting an RV in Anchorage. This fit the bill. Not fancy or new but close, clean and comfortable enough. Plenty of places around to get some food.

Room Tip: I recommend asking for the top floor at the end of the hall or you may hear people walking above whe...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Claudia A, General Manager at Motel 6 Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all our staff.

Shorewood, MN.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Stayed in this motel for 2 nights. Very basic Motel 6, small room, two beds, bathroom. Room was clean, beds were okay, pillows terrible. Shocking to pay $150/night for a basic Motel 6 room, but everything in Alaska is expensive. I understand that most things need to be shipped into Alaska, but certainly not motel rooms! Used the laundry room with no issues. For $150/night, it might be nice if they included a continental breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at Motel 6 Anchorage. It always good to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team.

Been to Motel 6 Anchorage Midtown? Share your experiences!