“Could be so much better” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Anchorage - Midtown

You added Extended Stay America - Anchorage - Midtown to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Anchorage - Midtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   700 E 34th Ave, Anchorage, AK 99503 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #44 of 70 Hotels in Anchorage
Kenai, Alaska
“Could be so much better”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Short and sweet. The hotel is in a convenient part of town for the medical facilities which is why we stayed there. They were recommended by the eye doctors office that we had to go to. Upon check in I asked if we could be put in a upper room due to not liking to listen to people stomping around above us, I was told the room above was empty. Of course as I was bringing bags in room I could hear big foot marching around over us. Go back down to desk and I got "well we're full and the first floor is for the hospital people". I paid the extra money and got moved up to the third (top) floor. The thermostats were broken as the heaters were hot all the time. I could have tried to be moved again but my wife had to get some rest for her surgery in the morning so we just blocked the heaters as best we could and made do. Security doors on the first floor were either broken or propped open. I complained about this but never saw any action on it, luckily I carry my own security with me. I will never stay at this place again.

Room Tip: Top floor if you like quiet,
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Anchorage, AK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2015

We checked into this place after driving for 11 days from the east coast. At first glance it seemed like it would be a nice place. Within a couple of hours we were sweating, the temp in the room was 88 degrees on the thermostat. There was no way to adjust it. We called the desk and they said someone would come look at it. By the next day no one had come. We called the desk again. Their answer this time was "well just open the window." We were on a main road where sirens were a regular event at night when we were trying to sleep. We also discovered that the fan in the bathroom, which came on when you turned on the light, made a noise that sounded like a dentist drill. So you either took a bath and went to the bathroom in the dark, or you listened to this grating noise. We were going to be there 3 months, but the 3rd day we checked out. The staff didn't care and was completely unresponsive to these problems.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Anchorage, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2015

I was skeptical about this hotel based on the negative reviews but still decided to give it a try and I'm really glad I did.
The parking and hotel lobby were clean and welcoming. The staff welcomed me pleasantly and professionally. They asked if I was there for business or pleasure and made sure to put me in a quiet room based on my needs.
I was on the third floor. The room
was clean, quiet, roomy, and had plenty of amenities. I enjoyed having a small kitchen to warm up leftovers.
I would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a quiet, comfortable room at a reasonable rate. I'd also recommend this hotel for families, as the rooms are generous in size.
The temperature in the room was perfect, plenty of hot water and great water pressure in the shower.
I'm also impressed with AES' relationship with the American Cancer Society and their willingness to help people from out of town who need an extended stay hotel while dealing with their illness.
Overall, I was impressed and will stay here again when visiting Anchorage. I will recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Anchorage for a visit. You won't be disappointed. Just ask for a quiet side of the hotel if that's what you want/expect.

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Oxford, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2015 via mobile

A great place to stay centrally located to many of the activities. Clean and extremely friendly staff. Perfect way to spend the holiday! Only Down side, I would of liked a coffee pot in my room and maybe some basic dishes. The coffee/cocoa bar was only open for a few hours each morning. I seen it was pet friendly. I will be back with my dog next time!

• Stayed January 2015
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Anchorage - Midtown, responded to this review, January 27, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We use feedback, such as yours, to continuously make changes to our brand to improve our guest’s experience. It was great to read that you found our guest rooms to be clean and our staff to be friendly. We do offer coffee makers, pots and pans, dishes, cups and glasses at your request. We look forward to your next visit here and hope we can meet your dog.
Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2014

I keep giving a try over and over because the extended stay concept is good. Never had anything worked properly here, one is unable to control the room thermostat, extremely poorly maintained room for cleanliness.
I left there and went elsewhere during my 2 week stay in Anchorage.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Fairbanks, Alaska, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2014

Booked on the Extended Stay website. When I got to the hotel at 11pm at night I found that they didn't have the room type I booked so the upgraded my room type and didn't honor my reservation rate. They didn't notify me of this change prior. There was garbage and discarded food items in the hallway. The cabinets in the room where very dirty. The knobs on the heaters where stripped so there was no way to adjust the heat in our room. And staying in Alaska in October you want to be able to turn on a little heat.

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2014

I came in early from my flight and had no where else to go and no way to get there. Michael and Beth were super helpful in getting me in hours before the official check in time. Without any hassle or additional charges. Michael was sure to explain what the hotel had to offer me as a patron having never stayed here before.Friendly and fast there is no complaints from this highly satisfied customer.

• Stayed October 2014

Been to Extended Stay America - Anchorage - Midtown? Share your experiences!