“Disappointed again” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Anchorage - Midtown

You added Extended Stay America - Anchorage - Midtown to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Anchorage - Midtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   700 E 34th Ave, Anchorage, AK 99503 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #44 of 70 Hotels in Anchorage
Washington
“Disappointed again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I keep giving a try over and over because the extended stay concept is good. Never had anything worked properly here, one is unable to control the room thermostat, extremely poorly maintained room for cleanliness.
I left there and went elsewhere during my 2 week stay in Anchorage.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Fairbanks, Alaska, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2014

Booked on the Extended Stay website. When I got to the hotel at 11pm at night I found that they didn't have the room type I booked so the upgraded my room type and didn't honor my reservation rate. They didn't notify me of this change prior. There was garbage and discarded food items in the hallway. The cabinets in the room where very dirty. The knobs on the heaters where stripped so there was no way to adjust the heat in our room. And staying in Alaska in October you want to be able to turn on a little heat.

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2014 via mobile

I came in early from my flight and had no where else to go and no way to get there. Michael and Beth were super helpful in getting me in hours before the official check in time. Without any hassle or additional charges. Michael was sure to explain what the hotel had to offer me as a patron having never stayed here before.Friendly and fast there is no complaints from this highly satisfied customer.

• Stayed October 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2014 via mobile

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. It is a Dive, trust me. It has the appearance of a halfway house. There are lots of shady looking people hanging out in the front. Has the feel of where ex cons would land straight out of jail.

• Stayed October 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Anchorage - Midtown, responded to this review, October 15, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. It upsets me to read that you did not feel safe during your recent stay at our hotel. I am very sorry for your experience. Please note that we do have a security guard who is required to patrol the entire property several times during the night. Any untoward incident is quickly reported to the Anchorage Police Department and the response time is immediate. Still, I will be sharing your feedback with our security staff so that we can work harder to keep our hotel safe and welcoming. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at anc@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2014

I arrived 9-18-14 checkin process was great, the front desk was lovely and the flower in her hair was a nice touch.

I got to my room to find the tables dirty, sticky with food and drink and the most disgusting thing!!! BLOOD on my pillow. I was to tired to deal with it, so I just threw it to the side.

I left at 10 am to do some sightseeing and when I left I spoke to the front desk clerk "Michael" and mentioned to him my findings. He assured me that it would be taken are of.....

I arrived back at 5pm to find my room in the same status as when I left it! I spoke to Michael about this and he informed me that he spoke with house keeping and they should have taken care of the pillow case. He also informed me that if I wanted my room cleaned it would be a additional cost of $15.00. They do not clean rooms daily so it would cost me to have it done.... I didn't care because the room was a MESS so I paid it.

Housekeeping never came by with dare placement towels I had to always request them...frustrating. I also need to print documents for so I went to the business center and the printer didn't work and no one at the front deck could help, all the could do was give me extra paper.

This place along with other chains are most definitely off my list.

Room Tip: Free wifi, but it's horrible! Pay to have it upgraded for a better quality
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Potters Bar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2014

Really enjoyed our one night stay here at the end of our Alaskan trip. Convenient location, ample parking and a wonderful restaurant nearby - what more could we ask.

The check in was fast and friendly - thank you Brian. The room was spacious and well designed. The bathroom was huge, with a tub, and spotlessly clean (as was the entire apartment). Lots of hot water and soft towels.

Comfortable beds and well soundproofed rooms provided an excellent night's sleep.

We took the advice of Lani on Reception who recommended the Moose's Tooth next door to the hotel. A great recommendation as we had a fab meal and beer there.

Good coffee muffins, pastries, porridge etc to grab in the morning - a good plus to start the day off right.

Would highly recommend this hotel for

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Anchorage - Midtown, responded to this review, October 8, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to write such a glowing review. It's great to hear that we were able to provide you with a comfortable place to stay while visiting the Midtown Anchorage area.

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2014

I was traveling to Anchorage for 3 weeks for business and had to stay at this hotel due to the price. When I first arrived I was given a room that had the WORST odor of wet dog hair in the room. No amount of air freshner/candles/perfume could cover the odor. The bathroom had 1 rag in it so I had to go to the store and buy a towel. I had to slam my shoulder into the door to open it as well. I tried to deal with it but couldn't and was told I would get moved into another room that night. I was never moved so had to put up with the room for a 2nd day. When I asked about getting moved, they said they were still working on it. I was unable to move to a new room until my 3rd day there. Once I got moved into a new room on the 3rd floor, I thought my nightmare would be over. Sure enough it wasn't. As I was unpacking my things into the new room, my door was opened by a young boy. The people at the front desk gave my new room to another family! What if I wasn't in my room at the time and all of my belongings had been stolen?? On the 4th day I left to work and came back to the entire floor being flooded from the fridge. That was the last straw and I decided to pay more for another hotel! The GM was nice enough to refund me 2 nights stay which I thought was great until I checked my billing statement a couple of days later. The hotel double charged me and then charged me a 3rd time for a random amount! I had such a nightmare with the hotel that I did not want to deal with them again until my last day in Anchorage. When I went back to discuss the multiple charged on my statement the lady at the front desk that claimed to be another "manager" was completely RUDE! She got loud with me and was very argumentative when I tried to explain to her what the amounts were that needed to be refunded on my card because she didn't know how to calculate basic math. I will NEVER EVER stay at an extended stay hotel again and advise everyone to stay far far away from this location!

Room Tip: No such thing as a good room here. All rooms are dungy.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Anchorage - Midtown? Share your experiences!