“Best value” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Gloucester, Massachusetts
“Best value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Was there for business in December. Couldn't justify paying so much for some of the typical business hotels with this one available. Was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness and upkeep of the room which was a bit bigger than the standard at most other travel hotels. Bed, blankets and pillows comfortable and warm. Free internet was fast and cable more than I could ever watch. Loved having the kitchenette too. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Soldotna, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

EVERY TIME I went down for coffee they didn't have any. I asked two or three times for some to be made but the young girl at the desk seemed REALLY put out that I had asked!! She mentioned that there is a starbucks next door, the young man another time just said okay then just left to the back to make some I guess - I left after 5 minutes! NO personality!

The front desk closes at 11pm so GOOD LUCK if you need security!!!!!!! I went out to smoke and there was a fight in the parking lot! I tried calling security several times NO ANSWER!! Another time there was a loud party a few doors down- no answer from security that time too! My last weekend there was another party-loud, slamming doors, etc. I saw three party peps actually falling down drunk on my way outside. When I came back they were pounding and kicking on a door!!!!! I tried calling security and guess what? NO ANSWER!!!

On weekends the grounds are littered with trash. Once I saw a used condom on the parking lot!
I complained about two teenagers making out in the parking lot and referred to the condom I saw out there before to the front desk but when I looked out an HOUR LATER the couple were still sitting in their running car.

OKAY on the plus side the room was clean, comfy bed, good restaurants around. The maintenance man was really, really nice! ALWAYS greeted us, I always saw him busy working - he must be off wkends because the outside trash can never gets emptied so it's spilling over and the wind usually carry's it everywhere. Emili at the front desk is wonderful! I asked about her because I hadn't seen her but the other girl said she didn't know how she was? Hopefully they didn't get rid of their best front desk person!! Also, I really appreciate the recycling bins on every floor!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My family and I stayed here for one night on a quick trip to Anchorage. It was a very nice room, could definitely see us staying here for a longer trip next time. We are AK residents so we got the AK Res discount, don't remember how much it was, but room was about what I thought it would be, it's AK so things are priced higher, but it didn't break the bank.
There was coffee in the lobby, but no continental breakfast of any kind. But, the room was well equipped for cooking if you wanted to have food in there.

Room Tip: Our floor was quiet, we were on #4. Not sure how the other floors are. I agree with another reviewer...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Milwaukee, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

As long as this place remains in like-new condition, I highly recommend it! I stayed here for 3 nights and have mostly good things to say about this property. My room and the common areas were very clean. The room had a nice cable TV package and even had a DVD player. The kitchenette had a nearly full sized refrigerator, a two burner stovetop, and a full-sized microwave oven. All of the staff that I interacted with seemed pleasant and competent.

On the negative side, I felt that the rooms could use a decent arm chair or recliner. That olive green pull-out sleep-sofa was downright uncomfortable to sit on. The only other option for comfortable TV viewing was to lie on the bed, which I'm not keen about. Also, I find that weekly housekeeping inevitably leads to premature wear and tear on the rooms and furnishings. It's really unreasonable to expect a housekeeper to do a good job cleaning a room when he or she is only in there once per week.

Room Tip: Thermostat backlight is super bright and cannot be turned off. Be sure to bring something to hang o...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

This hotel was obviously new. Everything was nice and clean. The beds were very comfortable our room had a microfridge. We were looking for inexpensive but clean and comfortable. Aspen was exactly that. No mints on the pillow but clean and reasonably priced for Alaska. I have stayed a properties that were not as nice for more money. We checked in very late (early am) and let them know we were coming so they had the security personnel looking for us with our key when we arrived.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

The room rate for this new property was a little high, but this is Alaska and also is a residence hotel. There is no breakfast or room service, but we did not expect that. We were very pleased and will go again and recommend to anyone going to anchorage for a night or longer stay. Would have loved the kitchenette and used if staying for more then one night. We were on our way to McCarthy in the morning after flying into Anchorage.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Nome, AK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I will start off by saying, I've had none of the negative experiences noted in other reviews. It's worth noting this is a brand new property and some hiccups are to be expected. However, I found my room very nice and comfortably appointed. The kitchenette was a really nice bonus since I am currently watching my diet and this allows you to eat what you want and know what you're eating. It includes a small cooktop, microwave, and almost full size refrigerator. There is a workout room as well at this hotel. All that being said, this is designed as an extended stay hotel. Do not expect daily maid service - you only get it weekly. Also, there is no continental breakfast though they do provide Seattle's Best Coffee around the clock. I found the staff very friendly and helpful. I am planning to stay here again on another upcoming trip to Anchorage. While some might miss the daily maid service or breakfast, the outstanding rates that I hope don't disappear once this establishment becomes better known more than outweigh any inconvenience.

Room Tip: Rooms on the South Side should be quiter.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Aspen Suites Hotel Anchorage? Share your experiences!