“Worth the trip” 5 of 5 stars

Description: Alaska Wild Salmon
Pittsburg, Kansas, United States
“Worth the trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

It was my last night in Alaska, and I wanted to eat fresh salmon again before I left. I had been reading reviews of restaurants in Anchorage, and Bridge Seafood sounded as if it would have what I wanted. It took me awhile to find the place because it is located in a kind of industrial area. But, then again, I may have taken a somewhat circuitous route to get there too. There is a chain motel nearby so it can't be that hard to find. The restaurant itself really is a bridge over a stream. It's long and narrow with gleaming wood floors, and windows on both sides of the restaurant offer views of people fishing. There is a fairly busy walking trail along the stream. Since I was dining alone, I was glad I had a nice view to enjoy. The lady sitting across from me had several fishing poles leaning against the wall and was a bit annoyed that her husband was still fishing. Maybe they'll cook your catch? I don't know.
This place was exactly what I wanted for my last Alaskan meal. I was dining alone and the server was very solicitous and helpful. I chose a beer and she commented that it was a good choice as the brewery was right down the street. I'm sold on Alaskan microbrews!
I did order a simple grilled salmon with roasted vegetables and it was excellent. One of the reasons I had chosen the Bridge was because of its salad bar which advertised fresh shrimp and crab legs. The salad bar itself was excellent. I can't say anything about dessert because I skipped it and went back for more crab legs. This was a very enjoyable dining experience, and I would love to go here again. I was there early on a Monday, like 5 p.m., and there were only a few tables occupied, but by the time I left it was starting to get busier. The place was not pricey by Alaska standards. I felt as if I had gotten my money's worth and enjoyed the restaurant's ambiance, good service, and excellent food.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Honolulu
“Pretty good, would definitely go again.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Went with a large party about 3 days ago. The menu is fairly limited, it's basically salmon, some oysters, rockfish, King crab, halibut, along with one steak. All entrees come with access to the appetizer bar which includes (I believe) Alaskan side-stripe shrimp and opilio crab legs, along with some salads.

I thought the food was very good. Both the king and red salmon were cooked very nicely, we all really enjoyed them. I also liked the crab legs, although once in a while you'd get a bit of a salty one.

Plus you can watch anglers pull up silver's from ship creek!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New Orleans, Louisiana
“A pleasant experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Firstly, exceptional service! The hostess offered our party of 8 a choice of two tables, one on either side of the reataurant. The appetizer starter bar is a bargain, including all you can eat King Crab!! We also ordered a 1/2 dozen Alaskan oysters which were fresh and salty/sweet. My main course was reasonable ale batter fried rock fish. I wish i had followed my friends who ordered the pan-fried Alaskan Halibut and King Salmon, boith of which looked delicious! Then the star of the show, the rhubarb/strawberry crisp dessert, just wonderful!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Highlands Ranch, CO
“The worst food of my trip flavorless salt bomb”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

I saved this restaurant for my last night in anchorage because everyone raved about how good it was. The sourdough rolls were microwaved and very chewy. The shrimp in the buffet were mushy and the beet salad was flavorless. I ordered the king salmon with the seafood macaroni. The salmon was a salt bomb; I could not eat it. The macaroni was a flavorless glob. The manager did step up to the plate and offered to prepare a different dish for me on the house but I declined because everything else was so bad. This was a huge disappointment. There are plenty of excellent restaurants in town so no néed to dine here.

West Los Angeles
“Refreshing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Tried to get in to a noisy downtown restaurant favored by tourists and was told a 3 hour wait. Someone suggested Bridge Seafood. Good advice. A bit of a walk, but well worth it. Located on a bridge spanning a creek. Beautiful location, quiet and away from the hub-bub of mid-town. Take your time walking there - lots to see. Salmon & Halibut excellent quality. Salad bar super. Staff excellent and fun to chat with. Beer excellent. Afterwards we wandered a near by trail and watched locals pull out 10 pound salmon. All in all - a fantastic dining experience. Highly recommend.

Visited June 2012