“excellent stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 71 Hotels in Anchorage
Hinesville, Georgia
“excellent stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Stayed one night in September this year. We only stayed one night on the day we flew in, the next day we departed for Denali National Park. But the stay was very pleasant. The airline had lost one of our bags and the front desk gave us some complementary bathroom items - deoderant, comb, razor, toothbrushes. Our room was on the 2nd floor and the environment was great, very little noise, comfortable room. Wi-fi, television, and all the usual amenities. Breakfast the next morning was very good for this level of hotel, it had a great variety of hot breakfast foods and the usual cold foods and pastries. Location was convenient for shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
I am very glad you enjoyed your recent stay at the Fairfield in Anchorage and appreciate you taking the time to share your kind comments. Our staff is very proud of the hotel and we look forward to you staying with us on your return trip to Anchorage.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Wall Township, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

While the room rate was reasonable, the hotel is located such that there is a significant amount of noise from the major roads that are adjacent, and the noise from the floor above made it difficult to sleep. This was a one and done for this location. There are other Marriott brands in Anchorage that are much much better.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for commenting on your recent stay at our hotel. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not enjoyable and you were able to hear noise from different locations. This is not a complaint that we often hear and I apologize this was the case during your stay. If you would contact me by phone so I may get some additional information regarding your room, etc. I would appreciate it.
alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We had a lovely stay here! First impression when you walk in is CLEAN! Modern, Brightly colored furniture was fun. check in was friendly and informative by Ester. Loved that the entire facility is smoke free. We will return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for the great review. I am so glad you like our completed remodel, it is fun and I appreciate you staying with us on your next trip to Anchorage!
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Okay place, was clean and neat. Rooms can use some updating but wasn't terrible. Front desk evening manager Megan was really nice and helpful and that pushed it up a star in my review. All around its a descent hotel and excellent service. I would probably look at other places if I was returning to Anchorage and wanted a more luxurious but again, im very particular.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I appreciate you taking the time to compliment Meghan and will share your kind comments with her. I am sorry to hear that you did not find the hotel very modern as we just completed our remodel which is the newest Fairfield Perspective Package. Thank you for trying our hotel out though and I hope you change your mind about looking elswhere on your next visit to Anchorage.
Cordova, Alaska, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I was passing through Anchorage on my way home and had a 18 hour layover. I had not reserved a room as the motel prices in Anchorage were still high when I left on my trip. I arrived at 1am and began calling hotels. This was the first one I found with rooms so I took it.
The shuttle driver was near the airport so pick up was fast. I had never stayed at this property before so I was surprised at how new and modern it is. The front desk was friendly and cheerful even at the early hour. Due my long layover I requested a late check out and was given an extra hour which was nice (Any extra time is better than none).
My room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The room is equipped with a microwave, fridge, and coffee maker. Breakfast in the morning was typical and well laid out. The hotel is located on two major streets and as such there is a large amount of traffic passing by. Expect to hear sirens throughout the night. I am a sound sleeper so it doesn't bother me, but it may others.
I explained to the front desk that I had hours to kill and they offered to put my luggage behind the counter while I wandered around town. I came back in the evening, picked up my luggage, and was offered a shuttle ride to the airport. Overall a great place to stay with very helpful staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your remarks on the recently completed remodel. I will pass your comments on to my Front Desk. It is always nice to be able to let them know the service they provide our guests is appreciated. If you ever find yourself in the Anchorage area again I hope you will think of us when making your reservations.
Highland Village, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

The place is clean and friendly. The breakfasts were good, not expansive, but you could find most everything one would want. The rooms were clean, but typical budget hotel rooms. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Room 332 is about 3 rooms away from the elevators but it was in a quiet area of the hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn and Suites Anchorage Midtown during your recent trip to Anchorage. I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and your comments regarding the staff and our services. Your comments have been passed on to all staff as they enjoy hearing comments from our guests also. I hope you will keep us in mind for future visits to Anchorage!
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed (couple) only in transit for about 10 hours on 31 Aug.

The property is not a high rise and is located close to the Airport. There is an efficient free shuttle service.

The room and attached bathroom was spacious and clean. The staff were extremely helpful particularly with out request for a late checkout. Internet is free and fast in the rooms.

We did not avail any services and facilities and hence, cannot really opine on them.

Overall, it was a tranquil interval between a short and long haul trip.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Fairfield Inn and Suites Anchorage Midtown during your short visit to Anchorage. I appreciate you taking the time to comment and appreciate the kind statements regarding your stay. I hope you will think of us should you find yourself in Anchorage at some future date!