“Hotel close to airport great staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #18 of 69 Hotels in Anchorage
Toronto, Canada
“Hotel close to airport great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Okay place, was clean and neat. Rooms can use some updating but wasn't terrible. Front desk evening manager Megan was really nice and helpful and that pushed it up a star in my review. All around its a descent hotel and excellent service. I would probably look at other places if I was returning to Anchorage and wanted a more luxurious but again, im very particular.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I appreciate you taking the time to compliment Meghan and will share your kind comments with her. I am sorry to hear that you did not find the hotel very modern as we just completed our remodel which is the newest Fairfield Perspective Package. Thank you for trying our hotel out though and I hope you change your mind about looking elswhere on your next visit to Anchorage.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Cordova, Alaska, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I was passing through Anchorage on my way home and had a 18 hour layover. I had not reserved a room as the motel prices in Anchorage were still high when I left on my trip. I arrived at 1am and began calling hotels. This was the first one I found with rooms so I took it.
The shuttle driver was near the airport so pick up was fast. I had never stayed at this property before so I was surprised at how new and modern it is. The front desk was friendly and cheerful even at the early hour. Due my long layover I requested a late check out and was given an extra hour which was nice (Any extra time is better than none).
My room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The room is equipped with a microwave, fridge, and coffee maker. Breakfast in the morning was typical and well laid out. The hotel is located on two major streets and as such there is a large amount of traffic passing by. Expect to hear sirens throughout the night. I am a sound sleeper so it doesn't bother me, but it may others.
I explained to the front desk that I had hours to kill and they offered to put my luggage behind the counter while I wandered around town. I came back in the evening, picked up my luggage, and was offered a shuttle ride to the airport. Overall a great place to stay with very helpful staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your remarks on the recently completed remodel. I will pass your comments on to my Front Desk. It is always nice to be able to let them know the service they provide our guests is appreciated. If you ever find yourself in the Anchorage area again I hope you will think of us when making your reservations.
Highland Village, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

The place is clean and friendly. The breakfasts were good, not expansive, but you could find most everything one would want. The rooms were clean, but typical budget hotel rooms. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Room 332 is about 3 rooms away from the elevators but it was in a quiet area of the hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn and Suites Anchorage Midtown during your recent trip to Anchorage. I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and your comments regarding the staff and our services. Your comments have been passed on to all staff as they enjoy hearing comments from our guests also. I hope you will keep us in mind for future visits to Anchorage!
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed (couple) only in transit for about 10 hours on 31 Aug.

The property is not a high rise and is located close to the Airport. There is an efficient free shuttle service.

The room and attached bathroom was spacious and clean. The staff were extremely helpful particularly with out request for a late checkout. Internet is free and fast in the rooms.

We did not avail any services and facilities and hence, cannot really opine on them.

Overall, it was a tranquil interval between a short and long haul trip.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Fairfield Inn and Suites Anchorage Midtown during your short visit to Anchorage. I appreciate you taking the time to comment and appreciate the kind statements regarding your stay. I hope you will think of us should you find yourself in Anchorage at some future date!
San Angelo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Diane and her staff were the most accommodating of any place we have stayed in Anchorage. We usually stay there anywhere from 1 day to 1 month and the staff is very friendly and caring. The rooms are always excellent and clean and the hot breakfast in the morning is a great way to start the day.

Room Tip: Book early to ensure you will have a room. They occasionally have buses and can book up.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
What a great review, thank you so much! I am glad you enjoyed your stay and like the new renovations including our new "hot breakfast". I will pass your comments on to the staff and hope to see you on your next trip to Anchorage!
FL USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

This hotel was the first of several on a land trip we made to Alaska this summer. We booked 2 rooms. It was a good first night in Alaska experience. Wonderful staff, very friendly and welcoming, and a great rate booked through Priceline.com. The hotel itself was very clean and fresh décor. We enjoyed the stay - a good experience for first night in Alaska after a long flight from Florida and Missouri. Excellent comfy beds!! Clean bathroom,. good TV reception. The only down side was that it was further from downtown than we could walk, so had to drive to the tourist area. It was convenient for leaving to go to Alyeska and Portage Glacier, so that made the location great for the next morning . . . the nice breakfast that was very good and fresh.

Room Tip: Check a map of Anchorage to be sure it is near to the sites you want to see.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your trip to Alaska and we were able to get it off to a great start! It sounds like you were able to see quite a bit while you were here and I hope you will keep the hotel in mind should you ever return to Alaska.
Wiggins
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I stayed three nights at the Fairfield Inn and Suites Anchorage Midtown. Service at the front desk was amazing. I had the pleasure to meet Cindy. She was warm, caring, polite and friendly. She took the time to explain the hotel, area, breakfast options and the new lobby features. The hotel was clean and very pleasureable. My room was clean, comfortable as well, the staff was very a pleasure to work with. ...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of your past stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown. Hearing from our guests helps us provide the best experience possible and I appreciate you choosing our hotel on your recent trip. I agree with you 100% that Cindy is great and appreciate you recognizing her along with our housekeeping staff and have passed your comments on to all. I am also glad you like the updates we have recently completed. I hope you keep our hotel in mind should you ever travel to the Anchorage area agan!

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown? Share your experiences!