“Good off season prices” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fort Myers, Florida
“Good off season prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Clean rooms, verry nice staff. No lunch or dinner have to cross over to the crown plaza for hot food or drinks. Wish it was quiter but you get what you pay for................................................................

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you the next time you travel to Anchorage.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Anchorage is an expensive place in the summer. We liked the location and have had good stays at other Fairfield Inns. Hotels in area were fairly full. But it is not the place for a quiet sleep. We could hear through the walls and ceilings - no not what people were saying - but hear footsteps, children racing around rooms and in hallways. The bed was not comfortable for us, really hard and the linens were not up to standard. We had stayed at other Marriott Brands in the Anchorage area, and know now that we should have paid the extra $25.00 for a better nights sleep. Breakfast was ok. Wifi worked and we were able to book a room for the next night at the competitor next door.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you for your review of your past stay at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Anchorage. Hearing from our guests is always appreciated. We are sorry that the comfort of your stay was interrupted by noise from our other guests and that our beds or bedding did not meet your standards. I have shared your comments with our management team to see about the possibility of upgrading our linens. We want to provide the best guest experience possible and again want to thank you for helping us improve.
asheville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Visitors to Anchorage know that lodging is expensive, relative to other areas of the US. The cost of my stay here was comparable to other hotels in the area. The room was clean, and I appreciated the amenities. Breakfast was pleasant, and the staff was courteous. If returning to Anchorage, I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Anchorage, AK. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the ability to do your laundry on site and store your luggage. The next time you travel to Anchorage, we hope that you'll be our guest again!
Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We thought that the room was pretty much as advertised. We were pleased to be able to do our laundry there and the hotel was happy to mind our luggage until the next visit. I would say it was average for its mid range price.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Anchorage, AK. I am please we were able to accommodate your storage needs and look forward to seeing you in the future should you again decide to travel to the Anchorage area.
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

With a flight landing at 1 am, I chose this hotel because it offered a 24-hr airport shuttle and included breakfast. Both true, and no complaints on those. I reserved months in advance, and called twice to confirm arrival time.

Upon arrival with my two children, I specifically asked for a quiet room where we could sleep a few hours. I was given Rm 109, on ground floor, just steps from the front desk. This room is sandwiched between the pool's mechanical room on one side, and the laundry room on the other. The window has view of the parking lot shared by Motel 6, where shuttles come and go. Not only that, but the carpet was filthy and stained, the bathroom had dusty cracked tile, and there was a constant whirring sound from the mechanical room. It's now 2:30 am and I plead for another room. I'm told sorry, that's the last one. And there's no manager on duty to discuss it. We're all exhausted, and we won't be there long, so I put in earplugs and try to sleep. At 7 am, we're awakened by loud drilling and banging that sounds like it's in our room! I run out to find repairman in the laundry room (and in the ceiling above ours). I ask if they can put that off for a couple hours and am told no, they're on a schedule, but I can ask front desk. Back to the front desk in my PJs, in front of early breakfast crowd to ask if she can ask the workers to stop. No, they're on a schedule. She could hear the noise herself from the lobby! And we're supposed to sleep next to it? I ask again for a manager and am told none on duty. So I pack the kids off to breakfast and to check out. Finally a manager is there. When I express my concerns, she informs me she already credited my account $50 (of the $240 I had prepaid). No discussion. I politely suggested that she walk with me to the room so she can see the filth and experience the noise level. I think it's important that she know not to ever give that room to anyone. She's not interested. I couldn't wait to get out of there. Welcome to Alaska!

I'm rating them more than 1, only because the shuttle driver was excellent -- timely, friendly, enthusiastic and helpful. And the continental breakfast was included. I assume other rooms can only be better than 109. I answered the hotel's emailed survey, outlining my experience, and never replied any reply or apology for our sleepless hours in an awful room.

Room Tip: Avoid room 109!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at our hotel. I truly apologize for the disturbances you encountered during your stay and am talking to all parties involved sharing both the good and bad comments.. I hope the remainder of your trip to Alaska went well and again apologize for your experience.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Located a couple of miles away from the airport, a quick ten minute drive. The hotel was not hard to find. Located in a commercial district with sidewalks. the area is not anything near attractive or what would be expected in Alaska. There are several other hotels in and restraunts in the area. The Hotel is clean and well maintained. It is your average Fairfield Inn. The check in process was easy and took only a few minutes. Any questions about the area or directions was answered with no problems. The room was in good shape and clean. The TV was a large flat screen. Very nice for watching the Olympics! Also in the room was a microwave, refridgerator and coffee maker. The curtains blocked most of the light out but could be a little larger to filter out more light but it didn't bother me. The very long daylight hours can cause one to think it's actually earlier. The breakfest was ok. It was filling but not I would consider wonderful. Cereal, yogurt, toast, bagels, english muffins, wafels, microwave jimmy dean stuff. The staff at the breakfest area kept it well stocked and very friendly. My only complaint is the quality of the coffee was low and the creamer was the non refridgerator chemical stuff. Real creamer would help. All in all the hotel was sufficant and would stay there again. I recomend the Mooses Tooth for dinner. The room rates are extremly high in the summer and also because it's ALASKA!!

Room Tip: High room rates in the summer are normal. Try to get a room away from the elevators. The hydraulic...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at our hotel and your visit to Alaska. I agree with your recommendation of the Moose's Tooth!
Bowling Green, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Arrived in Anchorage, and were happy to find the Fairfield Inn only a couple miles from the airport. Very nice and clean. Good breakfast. Good Wi-Fi. A few miles from the downtown, but in our case, it was almost better to be away from the downtown area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments regarding our hotel during your recent visit to Anchorage, I appreciate you taking the time to comment and have shared them with my staff.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown? Share your experiences!