“The standard for a home away from home does it again!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and save 15%
Ranked #2 of 70 Hotels in Anchorage
ALEXANDRIA
“The standard for a home away from home does it again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The rooms are slightly smaller, the crows as big as cocker spaniels, the woods are just behind the hotel but Friday's and Starbucks are within walking distance. The Manager's reception offers slightly "beefed-up" food but always with a salad. Breakfast is breakfast. Friendly and helpful staff. Yet, there is something missing: that sense that you are one very important guest. One other Hilton hotel in the area gets it. It is almost that they are doing you a favor allowing you to stay. Part of it could be that it is a very busy hotel. Other negatives: limited TV channels, except for sports; internet, really slow or just drops off at times; kitchen not fully equipped; no variety in pillows (doesn't anyone like non-down, firm pillows anymore?); and no hand sanitizer in workout room. Yet, I love Homewood Suites. It is a home away from home. Guess my kitchen could stand some new pots and pans too! Oh, the laundry room is great here.

Room Tip: There are singles here which differ from normal layout. Be sure you get what you want. If you trav...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Timbuktu, Mali
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This was a great place to stay. The free breakfast and dinner was a great deal. Free happy hour beer and wine was a nice bonus, too. The rooms were nice and all the facilities were clean. The staff was very helpful and nice. The location was near everything in town. I would strongly recommend this as a place to stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Macungie
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I wanted to take this time and tell you about our recent stay at Homewood Suites in Anchorage Alaska. All of the staff were warm and welcoming upon our arrival. They assure our stay was without problems. The free breakfasts in the morning we a great way to start the day and the options for a free dinner and free cocktail Monday through Thursday was a great option if we did not want to venture out. My room was clean and quiet. I wanted to note a few people for their hospitality: Tania (good luck with your wedding), Stephan, Menda and Erik, you guys were all awesome. Thanks for everything and hope I will see you again in the future.
Betsy Seislove

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Stiphan B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Betsy,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are delighted you enjoyed you stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to your "home" away from home. We know you have a choice of accommodations and appreciate the opportunity to welcome you to our "family."
Pullman, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I originally had reservations at the Hampton Inn, with the intention of me and my young nieces using their pool. When I arrived the pool had just closed for repairs, so I requested to be transferred to a different Hilton hotel. They happily obliged- although I waited a total of an hour between the two hotels-- I am happy with both Hilton Hotel staffs for happily helping me.

My room and the pool was very clean. The only complaint I had was that there were a lot of unsupervised children both times we went to the pool, and both times they were different groups of children.

The breakfast was AWESOME. I have had breakfasts at other hotels, and they are usually nice, but the area where you get food is always cramped and crowded. At Homewood it was easy for me to maneuver around the buffet area. The food was good, and the staff was very friendly

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Stiphan B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you for your nice review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize about the unaccompanied children in the pool during your visit. It is our policy that children should be supervised an appropriate adult and make regular rounds to ensure that this is adhered to. However, as you experienced on occassion, the children may in there before we catch them.

I want to thank you for choosing the Homewoods Suites as your "home" away from home.
Beaumont, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Stay here if you like a hot breakfast buffet, a dinner reception and a kitchen. t's not bad, just below the Homewood average standard and could use some improvements. I would stay again but the room was not as clean as it should have, the mattress was near the end of it's lifespan and the food at the evening reception was not fresh and the menu was on the cheap side (grilled cheese sandwiches??). If you like Egg McMuffins, hopefully you'll luck out and get them during your stay as they stand out as being pretty darn good.

Room Tip: If you like the included breakfast and dinner buffett, ask for a room near the lobby. It's a loo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Stiphan B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for your feedback as it is through such input that we may continually strive to improve our product and service standards. I apologize that your stay was not up to your expectations. Our dinner reception menu changes nightly so we can cater to a wide variety of tastes of our Guests and during your stay we did offer Fish and Chips the prior night and Smoked Pulled Pork the night subsequent. I have addressed your concern with the cleanliness to our Housekeeping Manager and again, apologize as what your experienced is not our normal standards. In relation to the mattress, we have just completed a renovation in March of 2012 and all mattresses were replaced at that time.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Homewood Suites Anchorage and demonstrate our true hospitality.
Cordova
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

After years of traveling to Anchorage and staying at competitor properties, a twist of fate landed us here. We are thrilled, and definitely won't stay anywhere else from now on! The staff are friendly, take the time to learn customers' names and go out of their way to make it "easy" to be away from home. Breakfast and dinner were very good, and the manager (Stephen) went out of his way to make us feel welcomed. Room is incredibly clean. Hotel is quiet and in a convenient part of town. A bonus, they accept service animals - which is so appreciated! Overall, though, it is the staff that made our stay so wonderful. Our only regret is that a good review might mean that it will be more difficult to get a reservation in the future! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Stiphan B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for glowing review. The header is fantastic and I am glad our Team was able to convert you to Hilton. We pride ourselves on making our Guests an extended member of our Family. Whenever you have reservation needs for the future, feel free to contact me directly and I will personally assist in arranging the stay. My direct email is: stiphan.beher@hilton.com. We look forward to welcoming you back to your "home" away from home.
Chugiak, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

The room was very comfortable, the staff was very friendly and very attentive. The room has a full refridgerator, coffee pot, dishes, silverware, stove, microwave and dining table. Great for guests from out of town.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Stiphan B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review. I am glad that we were able to make the stay of your out of town Guests comfortable. We think of all our Guests as family and aim to make the Homewood Suites your "home" away from home. We appreciate the opportunity to welcome your Guests and look forward to another visit.

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage? Share your experiences!