“Best Hotel in Anchorage, AK” 5 of 5 stars

Book early and save 15%
Ranked #2 of 70 Hotels in Anchorage
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fairbanks, Alaska
“Best Hotel in Anchorage, AK”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed at the Homewood Suites in Anchorage, AK while TDY for one week. I was informed about this hotel by one it's loyal customers Kimberly Walker. The hotel is phenomenal and some of the front desk clerks were extremely helpful especially Tania and Jessica. I enjoyed the breakfast and dinner bars along with the complementary wine.
-Belinda

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Stiphan B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Great header line....Best Hotel in Anchorage. We are happy to hear such comments and pride ourselves on our helpful team members. We look forward to welcoming you back at the Homewood Suites Anchorage.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Loveland, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for 8 days and every day was consistently filled with friendly workers, clean and modern common areas and rooms, pool and hot tub were clean, breakfast variety was pleasing and food was good. We only ate dinner one night and the only thing that I would recommend to change is upgrade the wine served to a little better brand. (But I'm a wine snob!) anyway, we enjoyed our stay and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
I am pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate the feedback on the wine. We will be reviewing our wines in the coming month and will look forward to welcoming you back with a new selection of wine.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Excellent service from all the staff. Very friendly and helpful. Tania is especially helpful and always greets guest with a cheerful hello and helpful attitude. The exercise room has a reasonable amount of equipment, I never had any issues. Even though the rooms contain a kitchenette, during the week Mon-Thur, the hotel serves an evening meal complete with free wine or beer. For free food, it is not too bad, although the breakfast did not contain many figure friendly choices, it is still nice to have breakfast every day. I would highly recommend this hotel to all!

Room Tip: Request a room on the corner, these are suites with a living area, kitchen and bedroom.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review us through Trip Advisor. I am pleased that you were so well taken care of by the team here and we appreciate your recommendation to fellow travellers. We look forward to welcoming you back at the Homewood Suites Anchorage.
Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Great location for easy access to airport and downtown. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was quiet, clean and comfortable. The equipment at the workout facility was well maintained. The complimentary breakfast and dinner were very good and super convenient.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Erik M, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear jamilynn,

We thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share, on TripAdvisor, your experience. Our newly remodeled 24 hour fitness center is a great amenity when needing to get an early start or late workout. The convenient breakfast and Manager's Reception dinner are also a hit. Yes, all of our rooms do have full size refrigerators and kitchens in them, but there are times when our guests just want to sit and relax and enjoy a glass of wine or cold beer served during our dinners. We hope to see you again on your next trip in from Denver.

Gig Harbor, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

This a new property located in Mid-town Anchorage. It has excellent free-van service to downtown, airport and the Diamond Mall. The rooms are suite type with stylish furnishing and comfortable couches and chairs, (which is unusual for suite hotels) and a nice full kitchen is provided which you will not need. Since the hotel provides free brkfst and dinner (and this is exceptional) Free beer and wine during happy hour! The staff is very friendly and if you have any concerns talk to Eric or Jessica who are the exceptional staff at the front desk who will put it right.

Dear D F,

We appreciate you staying at our great hotel! Our staff appreciates your kind words also. We welcome your stay any time you're back in Anchorage. The amenities we provide make this a "go to" hotel with a very friendly atmosphere. We're glad you were here to enjoy the breakfast and dinner and the serving staff. Please let us know when you'll be making arrangements to stay with us again.

Wasilla, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I travel from Alaska to the lower 48 quite often and I always get a room in Anchorage when my flight is a red-eye or leaves before 10 AM. I used to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn but I started having trouble getting the Government rate. I have always been able to get the government rate here. The staff here has been very friendly and welcoming. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. They are also very quiet. This is very important when I am trying to get a few hours sleep before getting up and getting on an early flight. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear wholehogbrew,

We definitely appreciate your business and glad you choose us to get some sleep before your flights. It's always great to have "locals" stay here. The government rate you speak of is based on the amount of government rates we're allowed and the occupancy at the time. If ever you have a question about government rate please feel free to contact me before you make a reservation. We'd love to have you back and you can reach me at Erik.Mendoza@hilton.com or at (907)762-7000.

Severn, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is a very nice location and I highly recommend it. My check-in was superb. Tonya was extremely friendly and paid attention to the most minute details. I forgot my tooth paste and the shaving cream and I was provided with a small tube of tooth paste and a small shaving cream. In other places they would have provided a little envelope with something that would have been barely enough for one day. The complementary breakfast and light dinner was good and the staff working on the meals is very friendly. The hotel and the rooms are in top shape! I do some business traveling and I would rate the hotel facilites here and the staff among the best ones of the places that I have stayed in the last few years. I want to bring my wife on a vacation and stay for more days. No need to search. Come to this hotel. : - )

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Erik M, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Dear Irving8,
I'd like to thank you for your kind words about our hotel and staff. In particular, Tania, our front desk agent. We are glad you were able to enjoy the many amenities we provide and we realize it is those small things that seem to catch ones eye sometimes more than the obvious complimentary breakfast and Manager's Reception. Please feel free to call us directly (907-762-7000) to reserve your room next time you are in the Anchorage area. We'd like to be able to show your wife that you were at home away from home while being so far away.
Front Office Manager

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage? Share your experiences!