“Anchorage Hilton near airport” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and save 15%
Ranked #2 of 70 Hotels in Anchorage
San Diego, California
“Anchorage Hilton near airport”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

Nice and clean hotel located near Anchorage airport. The stuffed animals in the lobby reminded me that I was in Alaska. I found this a bit tacky, but most hotels in Alaska have these.

The room was advertised as up to 5 people. I have 3 boys and a wife. Well, the room had a king bed, and queen sleeper. Even though I requested 1 additional single bed, it was not ready. The worker who brought the extra bed was polite, but confused as too how to fit the bed in the room. We had to move around furniture, block the kitchenette, and obstruct the exit to get the extra bed in place.

Breakfast was very good and the cheesy/bacon hash browns were fantastic.

I will recommend this location, but only for up to 4 people.

Room Tip: Try to get the suite with seperate bedroom
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
hsanchoragegm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, August 30, 2011
Thank you for your recent review of the Homewood Suites by Hilton in Anchorage, AK. While I agree that it is difficult to forget you're in Alaska when walking through the lobby of the Homewood Suites I hope you and your family were able to get some great photos with these animals. I apologize that the room type you were in did not adequately meet your family's needs. In spite of this inconvenience I am very glad to see that the staff was able to accomodate your requests and that you were able to score us high in service. If you and your family travel back to Anchorage be sure to ask about our rooms with 2 queens and/or our 2-bedroom suites. Either would be a great option for a family of 5. Had one been available during your stay we certainly would have made the recommendation then.

Thank you again for taking the time to review the Homewood Suites by Hilton in Anchorage, AK.

Jennifer Nicholas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Agawam, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

Right at the end of our family "Alaska dream vacation," my elderly mother-in-law had to be med-evac'd from Denali back to Anchorage. Being a long-time HHonors member, I tried all the Hilton properties and only the Homewood had anything available. (Summer in Anchorage is not a good time to find a last-minute room.) This was a stroke of luck, because the Homewood Suites Anchorage is bar-none the best in the Hilton chain. The hotel has a free, 24/7 on demand shuttle to nearby Providence hospital, which saved us renting a car. We started with a 2BR suite for 2 nights, then the staff knocked themselves out (thank you, Jennifer and Jaeline) to find us rooms for the next few nights. When my MIL was released from the hospital, they found a suite close to an entrance and the shuttle driver pulled as close as possible, helping her in and making sure she was safe all the way. The shuttle drivers, housekeeping staff, food service staff and even the maintenance guys could not have been friendlier, more helpful or more compassionate. The Homewood Suites was an oasis of comfort during a very bad time, and I really plan to stay there again when we return for a less stressful visit!

Returning to a more standard review: this property is next to the Hilton Garden Inn and across a major intersection from the Hampton Inn. Some rooms can be quite a distance from the two elevator banks and the lobby, so keep that in mind if mobility is a problem (the hotel staff was wonderful in accommodating our special needs.) We had 3 different suites during our stay - a 2BR, 1BR and a 1BR accessible. All were spotlessly clean, well appointed with no signs of wear on carpets, draperies or bed linens. The 1BR accessible suite (#130) had a high ceiling and ceiling fan and had a particularly spacious feel. There is no tub in this suite - it has a roll-in, wheelchair-accessible shower. The 2BR (#233) had 2 queens in one room and a king in the other; the middle common living area was more spacious than that of other Homewoods we've stayed in. High-speed Internet is both complimentary and fast, and easy to access. Both the breakfast and evening "light meal" have limited selection but the food was tasty, if a little calorie heavy, kept at the correct temperature and was served by extremely friendly staff. They were especially great with kids, providing a special dessert treat that me wishing I was a kid. The afternoon fresh-baked cookies, put out near the front desk around 3 or so, more than sufficed (get there early - they went fast.)

The HGI next door has a small restaurant doing breakfast and dinner, and provides "room service' to the Homewood. Good fish and chips. Golden Corral, a buffet, is next door as is TGI Fridays. There are 2 chain steak houses across the street, and a Sea Galley restaurant next to the Hampton on the other side of the intersection. Also a Starbucks and Taco Del Mar, a fast food but surprisingly good taco/burrito place are on the other side of the HGI. The Starbucks closes early, so plan ahead.

This is my all-time favorite Homewood Suites. Well worth every penny.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
hsanchoragegm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, September 9, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind review of the Homewood Suites by Hilton in Anchorage, AK. I hope that your mother-in-law is feeling much better. While the circumstance that brought you to us was less than ideal I am so glad to hear that we were able to meet all of your needs. We care deeply about all of our guests and I am very pleased to hear that you felt that. We hope to see you again under more relaxing circumstances. Thank you again for taking the time to review your stay with us.

Warm Regards,
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

I recently switched hotels from the extended stay on 8th, to the hilton homewood suites, and I am blown away by their service and hospitality by the employees here. They are constantly going the extra mile to accommodate my wants. Not only needs, but wants. I look forward to the rest of my stay here.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of the Homewood Suites by Hilton in Anchorage, AK. The staff and management team truly do strive to provide exceptional service by delivering on the wants AND needs of all of our guests. Thank you for recognizing this! We hope to see you again at the Homewood Suites by Hilton in Anchorage.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

I have to take my hat off to the manager that was on duty when we stayed at the Homewood Suites. We had to make a change from another property because of our dissatisfaction and the manager bent over backwards to make sure we had a wonderful room. It was so welcoming after the night before, clean and cool and we loved everything about it. The workout facility is great as is the breakfast and happy hours. I have been a Hilton Honors member since 2005 and this is by far one of the nicest Homewoods I have stayed at.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with the Homewood Suites by Hilton in Anchorage. I am glad to hear that though your trip did not get off to a good start that the management team and staff here were able to turn that around for you. I hope your travels will bring you back to Anchorage and that we will have an opportunity to serve you again.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

We are just beginning our Alaska vacation and so glad we decided to spend our first two nights here. It is very clear that this is a well-managed property.

When we checked in last night there appeared to be an issue with our reservation for an accessible room; don't know why--we booked through Expedia, but the friendly and capable front desk staff handled it gracefully and quickly found us an appropriate room.

The room is spotlessly clean, comfortable, and quite large. The bed is very comfortable--lots of pillows--perfect after a long day of travel.

Breakfast was excellent--much better than comparable properties--scrambled eggs, sausage, and even grits. Lots of choices--fruit, waffles and healthier items. The evening reception, while not gourmet food, saved us from having to go out in the rain for dinner this evening.

Small touches are an added plus--Neutrogena products in bathroom, popcorn for the microwave, and a large flat screen TV.

I'm a bit sorry we are leaving in the morning but we are headed to Fairbanks. Hope we are as fortunate there.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
hsanchoragegm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, August 4, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with the Homewood Suites by Hilton in Anchorage. I apologize that your requested room type was not ready for you upon check-in but I am pleased to hear that the front desk team was able to quickly accommodate your preferences. You will have to come back and visit us for longer than a day so that you get to experience all Anchorage has to offer. Thanks again for your time in reviewing the hotel.

Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel now three times, all of them for extended stays. This was actually the first Homewood Suites hotel we ever stayed at, and while Homewood Suites in general is a good hotel option, our great experiences at this hotel make all other Homewood Suites stays seem like they fall short just a little bit.

Anyway, our most recent stay was again a positive experience. The food that comes included in the price of the room is always appreciated, especially for a family in Anchorage, where hotel and restaurant prices are a little bit high. This hotel is probably worth the money. There is always a nice selection of food for breakfast. I am appreciative of the variety of drinks they have at dinner and for when you go by for a drink at any time. If you are trying to avoid alcohol and caffeine, you'll feel at home here. Also, the people who staff the food area are happy to try to make things better for you. On a night when they wouldn't typically have ketchup out, we asked, and they brought it out. (On a previous stay, they went out and bought whole-wheat bread and had it available for the duration of our stay after my wife asked about it.)

Our suite (bedroom with two queen beds and a living room and kitchenette area with a sofa bed) was great, although it was a little disappointing that there was not a desk. We had to use the kitchen table for the laptop and other papers. Everything was in working order, and if it wasn't, they fixed it right away (we had them replace the shower head, replace a light bulb, and the manager himself came up when some water started leaking under the kitchen sink (the regular maintenance guy then came up and everything was squared away). Response time was great. I understand that things break, but some hotels fall short in how they respond to the problems. Here, they didn't.

This hotel is a great value considering the included breakfast and dinner and the fact that you'll probably get more than you asked for (they gave our kids a free copy of the latest "Lewis the Duck" book Hilton uses to market their hotels, which are actually kind of neat story books for little kids); the staff are on top of things; and the pool and huge hot tub are great for families. We highly recommend the Homewood Suites in Anchorage and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind review of the Homewood Suites by Hilton in Anchorage, AK! I hope your children are enjoying the Lewis the Duck books they recieved. The Homewood Suites brand has a fantastic Elevating Literacy and Books for Kids program that the Lewis the Duck books are apart of. I'm glad to hear the staff was accommodating and that all of your needs were met. I hope to see you and your family on your next trip to Anchorage.

Truly,
YUMA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

A giant spa where the kids could swim, in addition to the pool, made my little boys love this hotel. I loved it for the full breakfast and light dinner at night--provided with your regular reservation. Anchorage in the summer is spendy, so having food at the hotel in addition to a full kitchen really helped us out.
The location isn't great, in midtown not near anything, but the staff was amazingly friendly. I'll definitely stay at a Homewood again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
hsanchoragegm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, July 26, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with the Homewood Suites by Hilton in Anchorage. I'm glad to hear that you found our breakfast and evening reception to be of great benefit to you and your family. It is one of the many things that makes the Homewood Suites feel like a home away from home. I hope to see you again if you have the opportunity to travel back to Anchorage.

Jennifer Nicholas

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage? Share your experiences!