“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Jacksonville, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I will never forget my first trip to Eklutna Lake. I absolutely loved it there! It was the first place were I ever saw a moose in the wild, and every time I go to Alaska I always go here and just walk the beautiful trails.

Visited July 2012

Soldotna, Alaska
5 attraction reviews
“Beautiful hike!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We do this one every spring cause it melts early and is nice and flat for the stroller. We havent biked it but it would be muddy if rainy as we had to skirt some muddy spots. We took a picnic lunch and ate along the lake watching the mountains and the kids played in the rocks and sand. You can take side trails up the peaks to improve your view. On the downside this trail can get really crowded on weekends with nice weather and the different user groups can lead to some near collisions. We were really irritated by the unleashed dogs invading our serenity but I guess that happens anywhere.

Visited June 2012
Anchorage, AK
25 attraction reviews
“Trail Riding with spectacular scenery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

The trail at Eklutna offers a great riding experience. Not much altitude change, easy riding for any mountain or fat bike. I rode to the Yuditna cabin, dropped off my sleeping gear, and kept riding. The glacial water is gorgeous on a sunny day. After an afternoon ride, I went back to the cabin and enjoyed beach walking, and a nice evening fire. HIghly recommended!

Visited June 2012
Wasilla, Alaska, United States
8 attraction reviews
“BEAUTIFUL!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I'm so glad that we live close to Lake Eklutna. The lake, the area, the drive up is beautiful. There are bike trails, 4 wheel trails, camping hiking and kayak rental. We also saw our first bear up close here. Lake Eklutna is a must see any time of year!!

Visited July 2012
Palmer, Alaska
12 attraction reviews
“Large Alpine lake with outdoor recreation opportunities”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Largely undeveloped lake with campground, boat launch, hiking trails, viewable wildlife in the area include Dall sheep, black bear, moose, rabbits, and ptarmigan grouse.