“NOrthern Lights were spectacular” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 149 things to do in Anchorage
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Alaska Center for the Performing Arts, Inc. (The Center), a non-profit organization contracted by the Municipality of Anchorage, manages the Center. The Center schedules space use in the building, provides production management and technical expertise, sells tickets, and provides services for more than 240,000 patrons who enjoy the facility annually.
hellertown
12 attraction reviews
“NOrthern Lights were spectacular”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We attended the Aurora Borealis film at the Center for Performing Arts and it was well worth the time and money - beautiful film

Visited September 2012

Alaska
72 attraction reviews
“Love”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I love the PAC. I don't know if its because I am starved for entertainment, or that they really are that good. They bring at least 2-3 Broadway events up a year, which I feel is good for this area but I always wish there were more. The seating is good, even in the balcony. The ushers are friendly and helpful. Their offerings are varied. It is downtown, but I always can simply find parking. I can't wait to see Mary Poppins and Mrs. President this year! The only downside? More people are discovering this gem and tickets for shows are gradually increasing!

Visited August 2012
Sarasota, Florida
12 attraction reviews
“Enjoyed a fine acoustic concert.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

We took in a acoustic concert at ACPA's Discovery Theatre. The sound seemed to be very good here. Seats were comfortable and there looked to be not a bad sightline in the room. The complex is very pretty and well located downtown.

Visited May 2012
Muscatine
29 attraction reviews
“Excellent evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Beautiful theater. We saw a wonderful production on the Northern lights. Also inexpensive. The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful.

Visited July 2012
Palmer, Alaska
3 attraction reviews
“Left at the first intermission”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

WhiIe waiting for the performance to begin, we had a wonderful view of the stage, and enjoyed looking around at the theater. When the performance started it was very very loud. Searching in my purse I found a pair of ear plugs, which I shared with my daughter. I sat with my finger in my other ear, which was quite uncomfortable, and dearly wished to escape. The balcony edge was in front of me, and the seats on each side were full, so there was no escape. We later joked to each other that we had even thought of climbing over the back of the chair to get out. I wrote a letter to the Alaska Center for the Performing Arts, but never recieved a reply. I am surprized that the environmental protection agency hasn't fined them for blasting loud noises at people at pain threshold levels! What a waste of almost a hundred dollars, with no possibility of a refund. We were not the only ones who left the theater at the first intermission.

Visited November 2011