“Numerous day stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage

Save Saved
You added Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4555 Union Square Drive, 4555 Union Square Drive, Anchorage, AK 99503   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 25%
Ranked #3 of 69 hotels in Anchorage
A TripAdvisor Member
“Numerous day stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Overall the stay was pleasant. The hot tub was still not in working order. Could not understand why guests received welcome bags and breakfast vouchers, but two in my party did not. The hotel is beautiful and dinner was excellent. There were intoxicated individuals creating noise, half-dressed and with their door that should have been asked to leave. The intelligent thing would have been to call the local authorities when this was not properly taken care of, instead of securing locks and putting a chair in front of the door and sleeping with a light on and the cell phone ready to dial in an emergency. Hope all can be worked on and this can be an excellent accommodation .

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Erik M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear TriAdvisor Member,

Thanks you for your review on TripAdvisor. As stated in my email to you, our hot tub is now up and running after having to wait to receive a large piece of machinery from the lower 48 states. We give our Hilton Honors Gold and Diamond members the gift bags with water. I apologize if that was not explained to you when being asked if you'd like to join the HHonors program. As for the "intoxicated individuals," I've researched this complaint and there were no complaints such as yours that evening as our staff does a walk through throughout the night to make sure all is secure. Instead of feeling unsafe, I wish you would've called the front desk to complain about this so we could take care of the issue in a timely manner. The safety of our staff and guests is our number one priority. Please let me know if you have any other questions by emailing me at erik.mendoza@hilton.com.

289 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

This is our second time to stay in this wonderful hotel! We live here in Anchorage and this is our "go to" hotel. We stayed 8 days while our home was being remodeled and it was worth it. The hotel staff are very friendly and very helpful. They cheefully accommodated our needs. You must eat at their restaurant! In the evening, you will get 5 star meals that are simply to die for from chef Jay Mendoza for a lot less money than elsewhere! If you are there on a weekend and love eggs benedict, this is the place to get THE best! If you are just visiting, the location is central in the city.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Erik M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear AKLilac,

I'd like you to know how very much we appreciate you taking the time to let others know of your great stay here at Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage. As a long-term stay guest, it makes us very happy to see that we exceeded your expectations from staff to dining. Please let us know if you need to get away from home again so we can make a reservation for you. We always welcome locals to enjoy the food at our Great American Grill as it has become a great spot for great food with Chef Jay at the helm. We hope to see you again soon!

Lake Tapps
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

This location was not as desirable as I had hoped. the morning breakfast service seemed to lack sincerity to its female guests. Very discouraging to wait for the waitstaff to see my creditcard before delivering the check. Also the in-room cable TV never worked in the room and it was exteremely discouraging ecspecially when I am a Seattle native thru and thru and the Seahawks were not available on the inroom Tv.

Dear Badeaux,

As stated in my previous email to you, I again apologize for the issues you had here at our property. We have taken the steps to correct these issues and hope you are satisfied with the way we handled the situation after being made aware of them. I hope to see you visit us again to view how we listen to our guest's comments and learn from them. Please feel free to contact me again at 907-729-7000 or erik.mendoza@hilton.com if you have any other questions or comments.

Anchorage, Uruguay
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

bad smoke smell in bathroom and towels. not acceptable for advertised no smoking room. they did not hesitate taking the full amount for the room. we smelled like smoke all day after using towels in the morning

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Paul K,

I apologize for your unsatisfactory stay with us here because of the smoke smell in the room. Is there a chance you can remember what room you were in? I'd like to make sure this doesn't occur again and reiterate to our housekeeping staff what to do if there is a smoke smell in the room. We are a non-smoking hotel and have been having some issues with people disregarding this, even though it's posted throughout the hotel. If you could contact me back at 907-729-700 or erik.mendoza@hilton.com with any other questions and that room number, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Valdez, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Home away from home. The hotel lobby is very warm and welcoming. Love the soft glow of the lobby fireplace, comfy couches and available goodies... coffee, tea, cookies and paper. The friendly hotel staff greet you with eye contact and smile! Rooms are clean, smell nice and quiet.

Dear Betty H,

I'd like to thank you for your comments here on TripAdvisor. Being a "Home away from home" is a great compliment to our establishment and we hope to see you back again soon. Please feel free to contact us when you're ready to make a new reservation at 907-729-7000.

Omaha, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I travel for work and frequent many Hilton brand hotels. This hotel is conveniently located to many places of interested in Anchorage. The staff was very friendly. My room was a disappointment in some aspects. The Sleep Number bed is incredible but I didn't want to venture into the bathroom. The bathroom had a constant odor to it that I complained about a number of occassions. I had to buy an air freshener at the local Walmart. The gym is also disappointing. They have good cardio machines but they don't have any free weights. They have a weird weight machine that is very limited in what it offers.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Erik M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Jara S,

I sincerely apologize for your unsatisfactory stay here at our property. We have checked the room in question multiple times, but have not smelled the odor you've spoken of. Is there a chance you could contact me so I can follow up with a few question to find out who you reported this to and what was said? I'd really like to get this cleared up and hope to have you back again to show that we do listen to our guests and learn from it. My number is 907-729-7000 and my email is erik.mendoza@hilton.com.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I am a Hilton Honors member and have stayed in my fair share of HGI's on business. This is by far the BEST hotel experience I have had. The staff was accommodating, the food was delicious, and I will stay again next time I'm in Anchorage. Definitely.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Lizzy Z,

Mentioning that this is the "BEST hotel experience" you've ever had has made me a very happy person! We strive as a team to make every guest's stay excellent and your home away from home. Please don't hesitate to contact us directly for your next reservation as we cannot wait to have you back.

Erik Mendoza

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage? Share your experiences!