“Best HGI Ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage

You added Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4555 Union Square Drive, 4555 Union Square Drive, Anchorage, AK 99503   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 25%
Ranked #3 of 70 Hotels in Anchorage
“Best HGI Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I am a Hilton Honors member and have stayed in my fair share of HGI's on business. This is by far the BEST hotel experience I have had. The staff was accommodating, the food was delicious, and I will stay again next time I'm in Anchorage. Definitely.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Erik M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Lizzy Z,

Mentioning that this is the "BEST hotel experience" you've ever had has made me a very happy person! We strive as a team to make every guest's stay excellent and your home away from home. Please don't hesitate to contact us directly for your next reservation as we cannot wait to have you back.

Erik Mendoza

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Portland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

This value hotel in Anchorage offers great staff, amenities and a comfortable room for working. I arrived without having 'status' but felt like I was treated like a VIP. Free toothpaste when I arrived with none; bottled water, and overall I felt that the staff were really interested in my needs. I look forward to coming back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Susan A,

Thank you so much for your response here on TripAdvisor. I have shared your response with the team here which received a big cheer! Please let us know when you'll be back as we'd like to extend our welcome and I hope to meet you in person on your next trip.

Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Recently my husband & I stayed at the Anchorage Hilton Gardens in Anchorage. Upon checking in, I was disappointed to find out that the "Romance Package" I had signed up for was overlooked by the staff. I mentioned it, and the fact that things did not go exactly as planned, the staff was absolutely terrific in correcting the small problem. From the front desk, the cook, delivery man, the assistant manager and breakfast waitress, we want to thank you all for making our stay so enjoyable and really far exceeding our expectations in our stay. We will be back. I hope Hilton appreciates the great employees it has working at the Anchorage Hilton Garden Hotel. Thanks again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Erik M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Suzi522013,

I want to thank you for your comments here on TripAdvisor. Again, I'm sorry for the "Romance Package" issue, but happy that you were satisfied with how we took care of the problem. Working as a team to make sure we resolve all issues and going above and beyond to correct them has made us learn how much customer service is our #1 priority. We definitely value our guests and hope to see you again soon.

Fairbanks, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We loved our wait staff and chef Jay is amazingly talented!!!!!! Our waitress even comped our breakfast and she was just so sweet. Chef Jay is going places!! Best kept food joint in town! We will stay here from now on when we visit Anchorage. Chip Morris

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Mr. Morris,

Thank you for your wonderful compliments on the staff here at Hilton Garden Inn. We have definitely found a diamond in the rough with Chef Jay. He has turned The Great American Grille into a great place to eat with great service for our guests and locals. We hope to see you soon on your next visit to Anchorage from Fairbanks.

CHA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I had a long layover, and I wanted a short nap, breakfast, and a shower. The HGI was perfect for my purposes. From check-in to check-out everything was great. The gal that served me at breakfast made the stay even more outstanding. GREAT PERSONALITY, GREAT SERVICE! She made me feel at home, and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Dear Curtis T,

I am glad you had a great, but short stay here at the Hilton Garden Inn. We strive to make everyone's stay here, from beginning to end, an excellent one. Thank you for complimenting our breakfast staff. They work extremely hard to deliver the Hilton Promise and it shows. Please feel free to contact us when you have more time, or another long layover, to enjoy another stay here.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

The hotel has a wonderful staff, good food and drink in the onsite restaurant and bar, clean and comfy rooms. The Anchorage Hilton Garden Inn is close to the Ted Stevens Airport, and the free shuttle runs 24 hours a day. The free fresh-baked cookies were awesome after dinner. Great hotel and an excellent value!

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor. I am pleased that you were satisfied with our complimentary shuttle and Welcome Bars (cookies). We are glad you were able to take part in our Great American Grille menu and drink. Please don't hesitate to contact us to make reservations the next time you are in town.

Nome, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Was a great place for two days quiet and comfortable. Would recommend anyone o stay here:) It was very close to every place we wanted to go shopping at. Very happy that TGI Fridays was right there! Staff was efficient and helpful, the breakfast was amazing for something so simple and we had an Amzing waitress that helped us every morning.

Dear Sharon V,

I am extremely pleased that your stay with us was quiet and comfortable. It always a pleasure to hear about great stays when we know guests have their chioce of accomodations here in Anchorage. I'm glad TGIFridays was close enough in proximity for you, but I hope next time you decide to visit, that you try our restaurant in our hotel, The Great American Grille. We have daily specials for dinner and Chef Jay has brought a flare to our restaurant food that many are very pleased with. I'm glad you were able to experience our great breakfast staff as we also have a wonderful breakfast to start your day. Please let us know when you'll be back in town as I'd like to extend our warm welcome in person.

Erik Mendoza

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage? Share your experiences!