I could write a book about my stay but I am not going to I am just going to write what went wrong. I recommend DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY. It is NOT worth it.
1) girl at front desk does not like to answer phones due to her being on her personal cell phone or busy with friends. I called 6 times and she finally answered just so I could get picked up from the airport.
2) Shuttle took 40 minutes to get me even though the airport is only 5 minutes away.
3) Front dest staff are very rude and unprofessional if I remember correctly her name was Tanya or something to that extent.
4) Floors in hallway and room is stained has blood or something on them. The rooms smell like a prostitute house there is no other way to describe the smell. Wet dog, Stail smoke, Alcohol, Prostitute perfume smell.
5) mold growing in the showers and on the shower curtains.
6) BUGS IN THE BEDS!!!!! I seen so many little black bugs in my bed as well as hair which was NOT mine and stains on the sheets and blankets.
7) after going through all of this just after checking in I went to the front to once again wait for the girl to get off of her personal phone to help me. While I waited for that I got a cup of coffee and it just happened there was a door to a kitchen which must be the breakfast kitchen or something was open and sure enough just like the rest of the hotel the counters were dirty and so unsanitary just to imagine food coming from there. That is not up to health codes. I did NOT drink that coffee not knowing if it were safe or not. So I opted to leave the hotel she said she was going to charge Alaska Airlines anyways because I was from what she said in my room for more then an hour even though I had only been there for maybe fifteen minutes. All she wanted was to steal my money for sure since obviously they are not able to get buisness so they have to steal people's money. I defenatly let alaska airlines know about what had happened.
In the end I left the hotel furious I went to another hotel down the road called Marriott Courtyard but they were full and they recommended I stay at the Millennium hotel which is where I ended up staying. It is a bit more in price but well worth it. Once again. I BEG you to please DO NOT STAY at the Puffin Inn for it is unsanitary, Unsafe, Dirty, Bug infested and just the staff alone is rude and unprofessional. Stay at Millennium Hotel or Marriott Courtyard.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether your vacation brings you to Anchorage for one night or many, Puffin Inn offers convenient access to area attractions such as Chugach State Park, the Seward Highway and the Tony Knowles Coastal Trail. Our hotel is also minutes from metropolitan entertainment in downtown Anchorage and a short drive to Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport.Puffin Inn offers special conveniences to enhance your stay. We offer free shuttle service to and from the airport, a business center, an exercise room, laundry facilities and pet-friendly accommodations. Guests also enjoy a complimentary breakfast served daily in our lobby breakfast area. Internet access is available throughout the hotel.Rest assured that you will have a relaxing guest experience at an affordable rate when you choose our convenient lodging. Puffin Inn offers a variety of lodging options suitable for any traveler. Our lodge has 85 guest rooms and suites separated into 4 room styles: Deluxe, Moderate, Boutique and Original. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Puffin Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Puffin Hotel Anchorage