“Very nice hotel, great front desk help” 5 of 5 stars

Dimond Center Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   700 E Dimond Blvd, Anchorage, AK 99515   |
Ranked #8 of 70 Hotels in Anchorage
Plymouth, Minnesota
“Very nice hotel, great front desk help”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2010

This is a very nice hotel, clean, comfortable, near Dimond Center Mall (fun to go through as long as you're so close). The front desk crew were just super great, special thanks to the General Manager, Sheri Makela. She was so very helpful to us, even arranged to have their van pick us up at Avis car rental in Anchorage ~ way beyond the call of duty. Gave us ideas on where to go while in Anchorage (she suggested the Alaska zoo, which we really enjoyed).

The breakfast served is ample, muffins, yogurt, juice, cereal, toast, etc. No complaints at all ~ we were quite pleased with choosing this hotel, thanks TA!! BTW, use the Northern Lights coupon book for a 2/1 on this hotel ~ very good deal.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
TENNESSEE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2009

I was very impressed with the rooms. They were larger than most and nicely decorated. My husband loved the garden tub and the shutter window that opened into the bedroom.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Juneau, AK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2009

This is my third stay here and I think this is one of the best values in Anchorage. Sitting in the big tub watching TV after work is a definite plus in my travel dream checklist! Large, immaculate, quiet rooms, easy access from anywhere, free breakfast, plenty of parking as well as courteous employees means I'll keep coming back. Hard to stay here in the summer for leisure visits due to the cost - but that's true of any hotel in Anchorage in the summer. Nice meeting facilities here as well although I haven't used them for that....yet.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Thornton, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2009

This is a new hotel. The rooms are very big and spacious with a jetted tub. Continental breakfast is included in the price, and it was very well served. Overall, splendid stay!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
ak
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2009

The hotel is very pretty, and we have stayed there many times before. Continental breakfast is good too. Generally the hotel is clean, but I have stayed there before and laid in the bed covered up and was completely gagged because the comforter had a very strong B.O. smell to it. Also every time me or my family has stayed there which was often over the last few years our credit cards have been double and triple charged and many times the deposit hold amount never came off my account. We all have to call them every time we stay to inform them our cheap room cost over $500. I decided not to stay there any more after the last charge. Just watch your credit card account. If it doesn't match up call them repeatedly and inform your credit card company.

Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

This is one of the most beautiful hotels I've ever stayed and to find it in Anchorage is amazing. We lived in Anchorage in the early 90's so I knew what to expect from the town but this hotel is amazing the rooms are very comfortable and absolutely beautiful. I stayed here originally because of a Tour Saver coupon but now this is the only place I will stay when we are in Anchorage. FYI they offer freezer space!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2009

I kept going back and forth about wether to stay at Dimond Center or Embassy Suites, but when I saw the $139 special rate at Dimond Center I chose it. I am a very picky hotel guest and I have nothing bad to say about this one. We usually stay at more high-end resorts, but Anchorage is not a resort town. The bed was comfortable and the hotel amazingly sound proof. We slept great. Loved having the free Wi-Fi in the room. Front desk printed out our boarding passes so we didn't have to pay to use the business center. We thought it was great that Wal-Mart was a very short walk away and there really was no traffic to speak of on the walk. We also walked the short distance to the mall and to Best Buy.

Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Dimond Center Hotel? Share your experiences!