“Great place to stay in Anchorage” 4 of 5 stars

Dimond Center Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   700 E Dimond Blvd, Anchorage, AK 99515   |
Ranked #9 of 69 hotels in Anchorage
New York City, New York
“Great place to stay in Anchorage”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

Large, well furnished room with huge bathtub. Hotel next to a large shopping center and 150ft from a Walmart open 24/7 which sells the NYTimes and contains a MacDonald's. Guests have free use of great sports club with pool in Dimond Center. Breakfast not gormet but very good (really good oatmeal, grits, waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, dry cereats, juice, bananas and apples. Kurig coffee machines in rooms. Staff friendly and helpful. Free airport pickup.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

215 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Kauai Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

I love staying here when I visit Anchorage. I take their shuttle and don't have to rent a car. I can see a movie at the Dimond Regal Cinema and get some shopping done before heading back north. The rooms are large and comfortable and have free wi-fi. The tub is wonderful and relaxing. You can get a free gym pass to the sym next door... I got the pass but never went over so I can't comment on it, but I like that it is available. There are times when I'd rather be downtown, in that case I'll rent a car or stay somewhere closer. But when it's just for shopping & movies, this is perfect. I also think it is a good choice for a tourist base.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Rochester Hills, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

We spent just one night in Anchorage. We found the Dimond Center Hotel easy to find and convenient to shopping. We were able to stock up on all we needed for our road trip at the shopping center across the street. The hotel itself was located in a large parking lot and the views were not great, but the beds and service made up for it. Also, the breakfast was hot and offered a great assortment of food to get the day started. I would recommend this hotel for business or a brief stay while enjoying Anchorage.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
haifa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

Went for the 2 nights for the price of one (Tour Saver). If you absolutely need to have the heart of the city beat around you, don't go. Other than location, I found nothing to detract from a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Juneau, AK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I visit Anchorage quite often on business and just love this hotel. I often extend my business stay to visit family while I'm there and always know I'm going to get a good night's sleep as it's quiet and has comfortable beds and pillows...not to mention the great tubs! I've stayed at the fancy hotels downtown, but the noise can be terrible and most don't seem to have refrigerators. The staff seems to have changed a bit lately, but are always courteous.
My only complaint is the prices during the summer force me to stay elsewhere and they canceled their loyalty rewards plan. I also never received a call back from the manager there when I called to talk to them about their lack of a rewards plan.

Room Tip: During the summer I suggest staying at the far end on the 2nd or 3rd floor, outside rooms. This is...
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011 via mobile

My husband and I stayed there for our honeymoon in December 2010. It was a great experience. Cleanest hotel I've seen in Alaska. Our favorite part was the huge tub and that you could watch tv while enjoying a great bath! I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone. I must say that it's very cool the Hotel management write people back on their reviews. I have never seen that before. Great customer service!

Ps my mom is the "plant lady" there and the staff are always great to her too :)

• Stayed December 2010
Laurel, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

Although the room was well decorated and comfortable, the hotel was located far from downtown and was way overpriced. We obtained two nights stay for the price of one using the Tour Saver coupon book. But even with that deal, I would look for somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Dimond Center Hotel? Share your experiences!