“Excellent improvement with new Manager” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Anchorage - Downtown

You added Extended Stay America - Anchorage - Downtown to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Anchorage - Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   108 East 8th Avenue, Anchorage, AK 99501 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #48 of 70 Hotels in Anchorage
Rialto, California
“Excellent improvement with new Manager”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Over the past year I stayed many times for business because of the location and the kitchen and it was not always the cleanest. However i have seen excellent improvement in the cleanliness and quality of the rooms in the past months. A new Manager has taken over this location. The new Manager makes a great deal of difference at this extended stay The new staff is excellent in providing good customer service and was always available for even the simplest things such as finding softer pillows for me when they were completely full. I will definitely stay on my next trip. Parking is $10 per day, which is better than having to feed the parking meters on the street every two hours during the day time.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The pool is warm and the kitchen is nice to have so not eating out all the time. Street parking is free, but hotel parking on the lot is $10 a night. The pool is nice and warm. Breakfast was muffins and granola bars. The coffee was good

Room Tip: We like the 2 queen beds
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
calgary
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here one week. I would not stay here again and I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT. They say its a "smoke free hotel" there is a sign on the front desk. Well my room smelled of cigarette smoke even had stains on the counter tops from a cigarette and burn in the chair! GROSS. I had to ask 3 TIMES for pots, pans, dishes WHICH SHOULD BE IN THE ROOM. One night it was constant slamming of doors from 12AM to 3:30AM. The business centre is not a business centre. I overheard their computers were stolen? hhhhhhmmmmm. How does that happen with staff around. Reminder I stayed here one week and still no replacements so who knows how long that will be. The pool is closed and the exercise room is as well. I guess there was some vandalism? YIKES. The shuttle! what a joke. Only to airport and trains. PLEASE. GIVE ME A BREAK. As I sit here in the lobby the staff is SO UNPROFESSIONAL! complaining about their jobs with each other. CRAZY. Oh and NO BREAKFAST.

GO SOMEWHERE ELSE this place is Sketchy!

Room Tip: NOTHING. nothing at all.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2015 via mobile

I was very dissatisfied with my stay at the Downtown Anchorage Extended stay. I picked the hotel online because it had good reviews, a pool, and continental breakfast. When I arrived, the lobby was locked, I had to be buzzed in, and parking was not free, we paid an extra $10 a day. The hotel was not maintained well, the halls were scraped, scuffed, and dirty. The room was dirty, there were hairs and scum in the tub, the curtains were broken, and the kitchen cabinet had trim falling off. The beds were a little hard and there was no free room service. When we wanted new towels we had to take our old wet, dirty towel down to the front desk. They were out of towels at the desk and asked us to please find a housekeeper. The pool was open one day, closed the next, it was tiny and there was no hot tub. The breakfast was sugary fruit cups, oatmeal packets, half-sized granola bars, and prepackaged muffins. Sugar, sugar, sugar. I will not stay here again!

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2015

I am a big believer you get what you pay for, that being said I wasn't expecting much. But when we first got to are room the toilet was clogged, the sink and kitchen had food on it still and are bed has stains as well as missing wheels for the bed which made it rocky. We brought this up to the hotel room, they said they will look at it. Three days later we still could not get anyone to look at it and fix it.
On top of that, do not buy a $10 parking pass that they charge for you to park your car. There is never any spots open and we ended up parking in the road all three nights. When we brought it up to the hotel they said the if we don't like it then we can call the towing company and have them tow it after we put a notice sticker on the car. We also found a dead bug under the sheets the last night.

This was the most horrific, joke of a place I have ever seen. I will absolutely never stay here again.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Ninilchik, Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2015

I live in rural Alaska and was summoned for fed. court jury service and had to appear within two days of knowing this which meant I had to either travel by road or plane to get there. I chose to drive since I am familiar with the drive and wanted to have a car in Anchorage. I chose this hotel as it was one of the hotels listed and is right across the street from the courthouse. I was put into a studio suite with a queen sized bed and was happy with the room with one exception..it was on the first floor and looked directly out onto the entrance which meant there were cars going in and out constantly, so noise and lights. Other than that, it was a clean, cozy room and within walking distance of the downtown stores, including 5th Ave. Mall. There were no dishes in the kitchen but I didn't need them as I ended up staying only one night. The continental breakfast was just fruit cups, granola bars, coffee and muffins. There were oatmeal packets but no hot water. Their usual breakfast room was closed...maybe for renovations? The people at the front desk were helpful and nice. I was told that if you are there for less than a week there is no maid service which I don't mind because I am all in favor of hotels saving water and resources. If you want fresh towels daily, you can bring them to the front desk and they will exchange them. If you're expecting a five star hotel, don't stay here, but if you want decent lodging at a decent price, and aren't too picky stay here and go buy groceries. If you want a fancy restaurant they are within walking distance. One drawback....they only have two very small parking lots available - there used to be a large parking lot and there is a building where that used to be, so if you aren't lucky enough to score a parking space, you'll have to park on the street or elsewhere.

Room Tip: try to get a room that's not on the first floor if one is available...I didn't ask about thi...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2015

This was a horrible hotel. I would avoid it like the plague. First of all, it was LOUD. Kids running up and down the hallways; people yelling and cars revving outside the windows, etc. I had to switch rooms twice in order to get a modicum of quiet at night. Second, it was RUN-DOWN. Everything was broken or on its last legs. Third, the continent breakfast was TERRIBLE. Finally, parking costs extra. The only good thing was that it has a mini-kitchenette, so one can cook food. But the equipment to do so is minimal. I had to stay a week for business, and it was a pretty miserable experience.

Room Tip: Don't stay in rooms above the main entrance, or near any of the exits, elevators or stairwells...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Anchorage - Downtown? Share your experiences!