“Very disappointed in stay ” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Anchorage - Downtown

You added Extended Stay America - Anchorage - Downtown to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Anchorage - Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   108 East 8th Avenue, Anchorage, AK 99501 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #45 of 70 Hotels in Anchorage
“Very disappointed in stay ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I am a big believer you get what you pay for, that being said I wasn't expecting much. But when we first got to are room the toilet was clogged, the sink and kitchen had food on it still and are bed has stains as well as missing wheels for the bed which made it rocky. We brought this up to the hotel room, they said they will look at it. Three days later we still could not get anyone to look at it and fix it.
On top of that, do not buy a $10 parking pass that they charge for you to park your car. There is never any spots open and we ended up parking in the road all three nights. When we brought it up to the hotel they said the if we don't like it then we can call the towing company and have them tow it after we put a notice sticker on the car. We also found a dead bug under the sheets the last night.

This was the most horrific, joke of a place I have ever seen. I will absolutely never stay here again.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Ninilchik, Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I live in rural Alaska and was summoned for fed. court jury service and had to appear within two days of knowing this which meant I had to either travel by road or plane to get there. I chose to drive since I am familiar with the drive and wanted to have a car in Anchorage. I chose this hotel as it was one of the hotels listed and is right across the street from the courthouse. I was put into a studio suite with a queen sized bed and was happy with the room with one exception..it was on the first floor and looked directly out onto the entrance which meant there were cars going in and out constantly, so noise and lights. Other than that, it was a clean, cozy room and within walking distance of the downtown stores, including 5th Ave. Mall. There were no dishes in the kitchen but I didn't need them as I ended up staying only one night. The continental breakfast was just fruit cups, granola bars, coffee and muffins. There were oatmeal packets but no hot water. Their usual breakfast room was closed...maybe for renovations? The people at the front desk were helpful and nice. I was told that if you are there for less than a week there is no maid service which I don't mind because I am all in favor of hotels saving water and resources. If you want fresh towels daily, you can bring them to the front desk and they will exchange them. If you're expecting a five star hotel, don't stay here, but if you want decent lodging at a decent price, and aren't too picky stay here and go buy groceries. If you want a fancy restaurant they are within walking distance. One drawback....they only have two very small parking lots available - there used to be a large parking lot and there is a building where that used to be, so if you aren't lucky enough to score a parking space, you'll have to park on the street or elsewhere.

Room Tip: try to get a room that's not on the first floor if one is available...I didn't ask about thi...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2015

This was a horrible hotel. I would avoid it like the plague. First of all, it was LOUD. Kids running up and down the hallways; people yelling and cars revving outside the windows, etc. I had to switch rooms twice in order to get a modicum of quiet at night. Second, it was RUN-DOWN. Everything was broken or on its last legs. Third, the continent breakfast was TERRIBLE. Finally, parking costs extra. The only good thing was that it has a mini-kitchenette, so one can cook food. But the equipment to do so is minimal. I had to stay a week for business, and it was a pretty miserable experience.

Room Tip: Don't stay in rooms above the main entrance, or near any of the exits, elevators or stairwells...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Cassville, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2015

rooms booked 6 months before travel date, and when we got there, the staff had NO record of the reservation. We waited 1 hr. in lobby for a room. Also an elevator not working, so long waits to use the only one left.

Room Tip: don't stay here.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2015

I stayed at the Extended Stay America because I had to fly into Anchorage for business. Apparently there were some cruise ships and/or a conference going on, because this was one of the last rooms left available.

The location is fine if you are going downtown. It's on the eastern edge of what I'd consider downtown, but everything there is within walking distance.

When I checked in, I was informed that there was no daily housekeeping, which was fine as this is an extended stay hotel. However, we were also informed that if we needed fresh towels, we needed to bring them down to the front desk and they would exchange them. This was the first time I'd ever encountered such a system, and was a little taken aback.

Next, my business partner's room had zero hangers, and absolutely reeked of cigarette smoke. She could deal with the smoke, but needed hangers for her clothing. She called the desk twice, but eventually I just walked down and gave her some from my room.

The hotel advertised a small continental type breakfast, but it was limited to pre-wrapped granola bars and apples, along with coffee. Since the rooms had a fridge in them, I opted to instead purchase some essential groceries, which is likely the intention.

The hotel had wifi available, but it was incredibly spotty. You could pay extra for a more dedicated connection, but this offered very little improvement.

In sum, the price was what you would expect for this type of property, and the location was fine. However, each of the amenities you would anticipate just need a little extra attention to get up to the level I would expect as a baseline.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2015

I work with the Red Cross of Alaska and we brought a family with a father and 5 children to the Extended Stay after they had a fire in their home and had to be moved. Salome helped us and was FANTASTIC!!! She was responsive and sympathetic and even waved the parking when the father was unable to pay. I really appreciate their help and will recommend them as often as possible!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2014

We stayed in Extended Stay America - Anchorage - Downtown from Dec 17 to Dec 23, 2014. It was a very pleasant experience. Even though they have the parking policy for $10/day, eventually the front desk gave us a parking sticker since we stay there for a long period of time. Besides, I got a whole set of kitchen stuff since we stay for 5 days. During the stay we didn't ask for any room service so that we just bring the used both towels to the front desk and bring up some new ones. There is a microwave and refrigerator in the room so I can warm up my leftovers in the room with all the kitchen stuff.
Overall, it was a very nice experience in the place.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Anchorage - Downtown, responded to this review, January 12, 2015
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your fully equipped kitchen and the amenities available at our hotel. It is great to read that the staff provided you with accommodating service, and that we met your needs overall. Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Anchorage - Downtown? Share your experiences!