“Price was fine, but that's about it” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Anchorage - Downtown

You added Extended Stay America - Anchorage - Downtown to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Anchorage - Downtown
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   108 East 8th Avenue, Anchorage, AK 99501 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #45 of 70 Hotels in Anchorage
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Price was fine, but that's about it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I stayed at the Extended Stay America because I had to fly into Anchorage for business. Apparently there were some cruise ships and/or a conference going on, because this was one of the last rooms left available.

The location is fine if you are going downtown. It's on the eastern edge of what I'd consider downtown, but everything there is within walking distance.

When I checked in, I was informed that there was no daily housekeeping, which was fine as this is an extended stay hotel. However, we were also informed that if we needed fresh towels, we needed to bring them down to the front desk and they would exchange them. This was the first time I'd ever encountered such a system, and was a little taken aback.

Next, my business partner's room had zero hangers, and absolutely reeked of cigarette smoke. She could deal with the smoke, but needed hangers for her clothing. She called the desk twice, but eventually I just walked down and gave her some from my room.

The hotel advertised a small continental type breakfast, but it was limited to pre-wrapped granola bars and apples, along with coffee. Since the rooms had a fridge in them, I opted to instead purchase some essential groceries, which is likely the intention.

The hotel had wifi available, but it was incredibly spotty. You could pay extra for a more dedicated connection, but this offered very little improvement.

In sum, the price was what you would expect for this type of property, and the location was fine. However, each of the amenities you would anticipate just need a little extra attention to get up to the level I would expect as a baseline.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I work with the Red Cross of Alaska and we brought a family with a father and 5 children to the Extended Stay after they had a fire in their home and had to be moved. Salome helped us and was FANTASTIC!!! She was responsive and sympathetic and even waved the parking when the father was unable to pay. I really appreciate their help and will recommend them as often as possible!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed in Extended Stay America - Anchorage - Downtown from Dec 17 to Dec 23, 2014. It was a very pleasant experience. Even though they have the parking policy for $10/day, eventually the front desk gave us a parking sticker since we stay there for a long period of time. Besides, I got a whole set of kitchen stuff since we stay for 5 days. During the stay we didn't ask for any room service so that we just bring the used both towels to the front desk and bring up some new ones. There is a microwave and refrigerator in the room so I can warm up my leftovers in the room with all the kitchen stuff.
Overall, it was a very nice experience in the place.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Anchorage - Downtown, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your fully equipped kitchen and the amenities available at our hotel. It is great to read that the staff provided you with accommodating service, and that we met your needs overall. Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2014

We found the best price for this hotel on Priceline. We got it on a blind bid and got it for under $50 for the night. The hotel usually has good service, clean rooms, a pool, free Wi-Fi and a light breakfast. Its a great value for the price.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Arvada, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2014

This hotel is located a short walk from basically everything downtown (e.g. the convention center is on 7th, just about 6 blocks away or something, and it's right across from the Anchorage Museum). The rooms are generally fine--about average noise. You do have to ask for any kitchen appliances or utensils that you want. They don't clean the room every day, unless you pay an extra fee, but you can replace towels at the front desk anytime. Pool was shut down while I was there but the exercise equipment looked new. Breakfast was spartan.

I had a huge complaint about the temperature in my room. I shut the thermostat off, as it was 80 (yes, 80 F) degrees when I got there. No improvement, so I unplugged the heater and still had to sleep with the window open the whole time I was there--it was 20 degrees outside and I had the window all the way open every night to get the temp down near 60.

Staff was friendly however. For the price it's a fine place to stay.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2014 via mobile

Great job these guys and gals are doing. Have stayed here for 6 months this year and their customer service is top notch! Good location next to the Moose's Tooth and several other restaurants. Good coffee and snacks for breakfast when you wake up as well.

• Stayed November 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Anchorage - Downtown, responded to this review, November 19, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. I am happy to read that my staff and the service you received were top-notch. It's good to know that you liked our grab-and-go breakfast and the location of our hotel. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

was able to get this room last minute for a great price on priceline. The location worked great for us. We only stayed 1 night. Son was able to get rid of some extra energy by swimming and exercising. Pizza was a phone call away. Quick grab and run for breakfast. Had coffee available from the time we arrived to the time we left.

• Stayed October 2014

Been to Extended Stay America - Anchorage - Downtown? Share your experiences!