“Surprisingly Good, Great Service, Little Italy = Little Gem” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #166 of 684 Restaurants in Anchorage
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A Small restaurant that has been listed as one of the best in anchorage by ADN for several years. The 9 months I lived there it was like the best kept local secret that was not passed on to the tourists.
Alaska
“Surprisingly Good, Great Service, Little Italy = Little Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I don't know why I only eat here every other year, it's quite good and the service is fantastic. We had a very basic dinner, cup of lemon chicken soup with rice, garlic bread with olive oil for dipping. My wife had chicken marsala and had a cream sauce on the penne instead of the marinara - they had no problem with the substitution. The service was quite attentive actually - plenty of staff filling water glasses, clearing tables and our server was super. I had a simple fettuccini alfredo. It was delicious. We had a bottle of wine, red blend, very drinkable for $37.
Entire meal, $81 and well worth it. We went on a Sat night, March 22 - and the parking lot was full, but there were still available tables. Our food was delivered quickly. The place was busy, but the staff didn't seem rushed or harried. We watched carefully; food delivered to other tables and the presentation was excellent, the portions were generous and by the rolling of eyes into the back of their heads, the people looked extremely happy with the food.
I'd go back here in a heartbeat and heartily recommend it. It won't be years before I return.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Little Rock, Arkansas
“Not as good as last time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We've eaten here on each visit we've made to Alaska. I think maybe they've made some personnel and menu.

Although what we had was good, it seems something was missing. I'm not saying it was bad and not to go there. I am sure you'll be delighted and experience a fine meal.

Neither this will visit deter us from going back again. Little Italy is one of our favorite restaurants in Anchorage.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“If freshly made food is what your craving DON'T BOTHER eating at this local eatery!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Our order consisted of dolmades which were sloppily tossed on the plate. They were also unfortunately dry and hard and inedible. Our next appetizer was the meatballs which were extremely dry and hard so much so that they were hard to cut through. My only assumption is they were either microwaved to the point of no return or they were made days and days ago. Terrible! Needless to say we did not order our entree. Disappointing to say the least.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Anchorage, Alaska
“Wonderful Greek and Italian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My wife and I have eaten at Little Italy numerous times and tried almost everything on the menu. It is run by a Greek family. Although we have our favorites, we would order any of the items again. For appetizers we especially like the Saganaki, Tzatziki, and Dolmades. For main dishes we especially like the Savore of Mykonnos and the Souvlaki. The spring lamb is also particularly good, as is the Chicken Cacciatore. For dessert, try the Ekmek. This something you won't find at many Greek restaurants. It is a light and very tasty dessert with a crust made from bread and a cream topping with cinnamon - it is excellent. Little Italy has an extensive wine selection and well as beer and a full bar of other alcoholic drinks (including Ouzo, which I love). All in all, this is a wonderful restaurant if you like either Greek or Italian food.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
ANCHORAGE
“Our favorite Italian restaurant in Anchorage”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This has become our place. The owner loves his job and it shows. He loves to turn his customers onto his wine knowledge without being preachy or elitist. This place has really good, authentic, and filling Italian and Greek dishes that never get old. We always share a big Greek salad and get a main course -- more than enough food. The decor is a bit strip-mallish but it works well enough.

Visited October 2012