“They go the extra mile!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Make your Alaskan memories with 907 Tours. Enjoy your guided tour to glaciers, wildlife and the mountains along the world renown scenery of the Turnagain Arm of the Cook Inlet. Hike the Matanuska Glacier or take a dog sled kennel tour. Admissions are always included in our prices. The owners are 40 plus year residents dedicated to providing you a personal and fun experience. Operating year round.
“They go the extra mile!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Last month my parents and I eagerly started our journey to Alaska for a cruise. We booked a sightseeing trip with 907 tours for the first day in Anchorage where we were to arrive the night before. The flights were a disaster - they cancelled the one for my parents and could not re-route them until the next day. I called Susan from the airport, practically in tears, to let her know we would not make the tour and maybe not even the cruise. She was incredibly supportive, told me she would work on a solution and not to worry. She went out of her way to re-arrange things for the next day so that when my parents finally arrived, she took just the 3 of us for an abbreviated tour (her husband took the other tour registrants earlier). Somehow, we still got to see the wonderful Wildlife center (just in time for the bear feeding), ride up the Ariel Tram, and stop at several scenic places to take photos. We saw a wild moose too! She got us through the tunnel and to the port on time and even stayed until she was sure we were in the right line with our luggage. It was a fantasitc tour and she talked with us, provided snacks, and really saved the day. Most tour companies would have just said 'sorry - you missed the tour' but she really went above and beyond the call of duty in helping us. If I make it back to Alaska again, we will do another tour with them!

Visited May 2014
907Tours, Owner at 907 Tours: Anchorage - Private Day Tours, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
I remember your situation well. It's my pleasure to do whatever I can to make your experience the best one possible and am happy everything turned out well and you got to the ship on time.

Moline, Illinois
21 attraction reviews
“Beautiful day on Turnagain Arm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Susan has a wealth of information that she shares all along the tour. She knows the animals by name at the Conservation Center! We were never rushed, questions were encouraged and answered with expertise. The glacier cruise is worth the extra time. The meal after the cruise was cafeteria style, fresh and good. The most noteworthy part of my review is that 907 will accept reservations from solo travelers. It was my luck that another local company would not take a single and I found 907!

907Tours, Owner at 907 Tours: Anchorage - Private Day Tours, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thanks so much for your kind review! I had fun on tour with you and the group. It's amazing that you remembered that I was photo bombed and upstaged by my cat on one of the video tips on our website. Thanks for the great laugh. Her name is Tinkerbelle, by the way.
Anchorage, Alaska
6 attraction reviews
“Unhurried View of Much”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

John picked 8 of us up and drove safely in his comfortable, stashed with snacks, water and drinks, van along the beautiful Turnagain Arm ( taking time for a stop at Windy Corner to watch for Dahl sheep and other wildlife) to Portage Glacier including good lunch stop there ( we got to pick our own healthy items).
Next stop : Alyeska's Tram. Stunning views even though the wildfires on the Kenai made them hazy.
A drive through the Wildlife Conservation Center with stops at several stations , observing dozing Snickers, the porcupine, lots of wood-bisons (large and teensy) ,moose etc. The biggest impression on me made 3 different age brown bears frolicking in their lakes, chasing the smallest one into the bushes, sitting in the water and watching us.
Calm John provided us with lots, but not overloading information about the area, wildlife and history.
After more than 6 hours of enjoyment he dropped us off at our different pick-up places. THANK you!

A very reasonable (in Alaska) price for everything included. (lunch,snacks, boat, tram , WCCC)

Visited May 2014
907Tours, Owner at 907 Tours: Anchorage - Private Day Tours, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Thank you so much for the kind review. We all had a great time that day, and I loved having you along. It always makes the tour more fun when we have people with local knowledge along such as yourself. Come along with us on a tour this coming winter. Winter tours are really fun!
Warren, OH
16 attraction reviews
“Anchorage, with a personal touch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I accompanied my husband to Alaska for a business trip he was taking. I had my days free and I wanted to see and do as much as possible. I spent many, many hours researching what I wanted to do and the tour companies in Anchorage. I chose 907 Tours and it was a wonderful experience. My husband was able to accompany me on a private tour of the city of Anchorage early one morning. We did this on our first full day and John provided us with a wealth of information and he provided us with a good background to do other things on our own. I really wanted to go to the Iditarod Headquarters in Wasilla. However, when I was booking tours a month ago they did not have enough people to run this tour, since I was a lone traveler and the season had not officially started. They placed me on a stand by list and worked to get this tour together. They were successful and three of us spent a wonderful day with John. I cannot thank this company enough for all their personal touches and effort they put into making this a truly memorable trip for me. I would highly recommend 907 Tours to anybody! A quality company!

Visited May 2014
907Tours, Owner at 907 Tours: Anchorage - Private Day Tours, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of 907 Tours. Our first goal is to make our customers happy with their tour. We're so glad we were able to put together a tour for you to the Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Headquarters in Wasilla. And we love going there as well. Come back and visit again! We recommend our Iditarod Re-Start Tour to Willow which happens the first Sunday in March. Thanks again, John
Austin, Texas
“The Best Part of Our Iditarod Trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

The hubby and I were recently in Anchorage for a dream trip - the Iditarod Race. We wanted to experience as much as possible: the musher banquet, the ceremonial start in Anchorage and the re-start in Willow. We opted for a tour with 907 Tours to take us down the trail a bit from the actual re-start in Willow... We were not disappointed!
Susan Fouse (co-owner with her husband John) is a phenomenal guide and host. She knows the area very well and is, like me, a die-hard Iditarod fan! She knew a lot of history about the race and had found the perfect place to take her clients for an up close and personal view of the Iditarod out on the trail! For me, aside from meeting my favorite musher, this was the highlight of the entire weekend!
We had lunch and at a wonderful little lodge just a short walk from the Iditarod trail (they also have a shuttle if you prefer to ride)! When we arrived at the trail, chairs had been set up for us about 6 feet from the trail! There were some local residents there as well but it wasn't crowded at all like the Willow location would have been. It wasn't long before the first musher came through giving everyone high fives as they passed and giving everyone a close up of the dogs doing what they were born to do out on the train. It was an AMAZING afternoon of fun, excitement and great memories! Our van was filled with fun folks and Susan added to the fun with her great sense of humor!
We enjoyed Susan and the Iditarod Re-start Tour so much that we decided to go on the All-in-One Tour with her the next day! Again, we were not disappointed! The All-in-One started with a city highlights tour and a little history about Anchorage. After lunch (included with the tour) we toured along the Seward Highway and Turnagain Arm as we made our way to a tram ride at Mt Aleskya, viewing beautiful scenery in the Portage Glacier Valley and a tour of the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center. Susan truly cares about her clients and loves Alaska which is a winning combination for a tour business. I highly recommend 907 Tours when you are in Anchorage - you won't regret it!
This review is a little late in coming but only because as soon as we returned from Alaska we were busy with work and a blessed family event - we were more than pleased and will definitely tour with 907 Tours whenever we are in Anchorage.

Visited March 2014
907Tours, Owner at 907 Tours: Anchorage - Private Day Tours, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Wow, Roxxy, thanks so much for this humbling review. I started 907 Tours out of my love for Alaska and the incredible opportunity to share it. I'm so grateful to hear that John and I are successfully fulfilling our dream. Congratulations on your blessed event!

Been to 907 Tours: Anchorage - Private Day Tours? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage 907 Tours: Anchorage - Private Day Tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.