“Its cheap and ok” 3 of 5 stars

Special Price
Stay 3 Nights; Save 20%
Ranked #28 of 69 hotels in Anchorage

314 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Anchorage, Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night when I had back to back appointments in Anchorage. It was summer season, so every hotel was priced sky high. We just needed someplace decent to stay the night and Microtel was the only hotel that still was willing to offer an AK resident discount and priced well under $200. The room was clean- smelled a little musty, but the bathroom and bedding were clean. The TV is not great, but OK. The continental breakfast was fine, food was fresh, and they kept it well stocked. The front desk staff was very friendly. They also told me they have park and fly for free for up to 2 weeks, which we may use in the future. It is not as nice as other airport hotels we have stayed at when traveling with our kids- rooms not as nice, and no pool, etc., but 2 weeks free for park and fly is a nice feature. Other hotels have charged us for leaving the car for more than a week. Overall, the hotel could use a good remodel and some updating, but it works well for a basic overnight, as long as you aren't expecting much more than that.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Kenai
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

Non smoking room reeked of cigarette smoke. This hotel is old and needs updating. I felt like I was staying in an old 1990 hotel room. The next night i cancelled my reservation and got a room at the Sheraton in downtown for the same price. In a nut shell the Microtel hotel on International sucks.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

TeresaP9577, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Anchorage Airport, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Joseph K,
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to write a review of our hotel. It is our goal to ensure each of our guest's have an enjoyable stay at our property, and I am sorry we did not suceed with your reservation. If you have the time to either email me at tpeterson@thehotelgroup.com or call me at 907-245-5002 to let me know further details of your stay I would really appreciate it. Your experience is what motivates us to improve our hotel. I hope you will give us another chance next time you're in Anchorage! Sincerely, Teresa Peterson - General Manager.

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Anchorage Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Anchorage Airport

Address: 5205 Northwood Drive, Anchorage, AK 99517
Location: United States > Alaska > Anchorage
#16 Business Hotel in Anchorage
Hotel Class:2 star — Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Anchorage Airport 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Wyndham, Orbitz, Expedia, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Anchorage Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Anchorage Airport, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later