“they take pets” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 70 Hotels in Anchorage
Kenai
“they take pets”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Our room had stains on the walls. The hallway carpets had stains. We chose this hotel for the breakfast and because they graciously accepted our two chihuahuas. The 1:00 pm check out time was very nice. The old fashioned television picture had very low resolution, there was no tv guide, not very many channels. There weren't any yellow pages in the room. I know these are mostly negative comments about minor things, but as I say below in my review, i would recommend to a friend, and I would choose this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

This one is very close to the airport. We did not use any shuttle service as we rented out a car. We arrived late in the night so pretty much spent very less time in this hotel.

The room was good and spacious. The bed and linen was comfortable. The room definitely looked old but we were really not expecting too much. There was no flat-screen however we did not really watch a lot of TV except some news in the morning. The bathroom was nice and clean. The overall feel was good but not great.

We had a morning breakfast which was good. I think we would stay here again if we get a chance to visit the 49th again.

One thing I wanted to mention was this was a little too pricey. But of course, the best bet amogst the other pricey ones for us.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Orange, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Okay I've stayed at this hotel twice over the last 5 weeks (not by choice). The location is close to the airport and they do offer a complimentary shuttle. This hotel is nothing to go wow about. Some of the rooms are old old old and worn out. They also have some rooms that are just descent. There is not much around in terms of scenery or restaurants in walking distance. I also think the price is not that much of a bargain but I guess they have cheaper rates than other hotels closeby. They do offer somewhat of a breakfast normal cereal waffle muffins yogurt milk juice etc. the staff however is very friendly and they try to give you information as best as they can provide.

• Stayed September 2013
Knoxville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stayed here for one night between a plane from the lower 48 and a plane to one of the remote Alaska towns. I was told when arriving at the airport, to call, and I would be picked up. I had a hard time getting anyone to answer. They finally did and I was told to get on a Holiday Inn Express shuttle and it would stop at the Microtel. That worked fine. The shuttle arrived quickly. When I arrived at the hotel, I felt it looked a little shabby and smelled a little bad. I also noted that the desk phone was ringing repeatedly and the one clerk just had to let it ring due to the volume of desk work. My room phone didn't work, However, I found the staff to be exceptionally friendly and helpful, the room phone was fixed promptly, the rooms were spacious and well lit. The room smelled musty, but was comfortable. An open window cleared out the musty smell. The motel is inexpensive based on Anchorage prices ( which, of course, is really too high), I was not at all bothered by airport noise, but I was on the north side away from the airport. If I am back this way, which I expect to be , I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Probably a room on the north side would cut down on any possible airport noise. I was on that side...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We arrived to Anchorage @ 10PM. Quick access from the airport, dingy upon entrance, carpet in hallway and room was grubby, cheap thin sheets, bathtub had burn marks, room amenities as advertised, adequate options for continental breakfast, friendly & knowledge staff about local travel. Glad we had scheduled only one night in this hotel

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Anchorage Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Anchorage Airport

Address: 5205 Northwood Drive, Anchorage, AK 99517
Location: United States > Alaska > Anchorage
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #27 of 70 Hotels in Anchorage
Hotel Class:2 star — Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Anchorage Airport 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Wyndham, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Anchorage Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Microtel Inn And Suites Anchorage Hotel Anchorage
Microtel Hotel Anchorage
Microtel Anchorage
Anchorage Microtel

If you own or manage Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Anchorage Airport, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.