“Still my favorite place to stay in Anchorage” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay for Breakfast!
Ranked #13 of 70 Hotels in Anchorage
Draper, UT
“Still my favorite place to stay in Anchorage”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

They've been busy lately, updating the hotel and the rooms. The lobby is quite nice now, as are the bar and lounge. The staff is warm and friendly as always, and I slept well as the beds are very comfy. I will certainly be back to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Auckalnd
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We booked this hotel through Celebrity Cruises and all I can say is this hotel was pretty average to us - nothing special and pretty much a low key hotel. Room was a good size but view was really not that great. Our view was over looking at a parking lot. A bit disappointing as we paid top dollars for the room.

I believe the hotel was not fully booked as it was just the two of us eating dinner at the restaurant on our first night so we practically got all the attention we needed.

All in all it was not too bad to start a cruise BUT way too expensive. I would have expected more for the dollars we paid.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
willow, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The hotel is downtown Anchorage it is within walking distance of a major shopping mall and really nice restaurants...
the only downside is the parking either a valet or you can park yourself in the garage one block away.. otherwise the rooms are really big and spacious very comfortable king size beds are huge.
the restroom area is very big and they have really nice soft towels..

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Prague, Czech Republic
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

As my flight had an delay I arrived pretty late at the Downtown and coudnt checkin into my original Hotel, It was too cold outside to look for another so I went to the Marriott.
The Hotel charged me over 200$ for a Roomstay for 10 hours way to expensive than the Internet was extra aswell and to slow, Breakfast poor mini buffet and you pay 18$ if you grap yourself an small Cereal Box they will charge you 7$ unbelievable and I booked this Room with Breakfast.
So Im never gonna stay there again with this kind of an ridicolous Rate and service.
Iam really upsat as usually the Marriotts chains are having great deals and super service.
In this case I arrived there at 2pm in the morning was tired and exhausted from the trip and they didnt help me with my suitcases and it took them ages to check me in. really dissapointed.
But Room was really nice and neat so cant say anything on that. I guess that I had just bad luck

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Cedar rapids
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I always enjoy staying here. The rooms are nice and they have a nice quiet bar with a sushi bar off of the lobby it is never to busy in the bar and they give you great service. The rooms are very comfortable and the front desk people are always friendly. It is located right downtown.

Room Tip: Don't hesitate to ask questions at the front desk they are always willing to give tips. You can...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Juneau, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel multiple times for conferences, business, pleasure, and weekend trips, and I travel to Anchorage pretty often. I've stayed at all the other chain hotels and other 'upscale' hotels in the area; again, this is the only one I really like staying at. This hotel has comfy beds, a safe and secure atmosphere, staff who are friendly and very accommodating, rooms are very quiet at night and you can get a good night's rest, a clean pool/jacuzzi/fitness area, a cute little bar with friendly bartenders, nice shopping options in-house and a great location near everything but not crowded by other shops or foot traffic. The rooms are always clean, you can get a late checkout, stay late in the pool and jacuzzi and staff often remember you by your first name if you are polite to them. It may not have microwaves and refrigerators but I don't notice those things because I like the bar downstairs and there are GREAT restaurants very close by. It's always clean and having lived in Manhattan and knowing the quality of service and atmosphere that is delivered at hotels like the 4 Seasons, I highly recommend the Anchorage Marriott Downtown for its atmosphere, service, cleanliness, staff, and spaciousness/comfort in their rooms. It's a great place to hunker down for business travel or to hideaway for a weekend. Oh yeah and the heat and A/C are rapid response, too cold, heat takes a minute, too hot, A/C takes a minute, there is no waiting time for an exasperated HVAC system, which is wonderful. AND if you request a room on the upper floors with a view of the Knik Arm, you'll see why I love this hotel! Only recommendation to the hotel managers would be to establish better parking options. Parking is luck of the draw or outrageously overpriced.

Room Tip: If you are not afraid of heights, ask for a room that is on one of the higher floors which faces the...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Manhattan Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night at the MDA. Location is fine and the rooms have nice views.
The service at the hotel is phenomenal. When I tried to check-in and my room wasn't ready, the guy at the front desk was truly apologetic and made recommendations where I could get a bite. When I checked out and the hotel had double billed me for Internet, the lady again apologized and with a smile took care of the problem. Another employee offered a complimentary toothbrush when I was wandering in the store looking fur one.
And, the valet guys were very helpful and friendly and truly apologetic when it took too long to retrieve the car or when the driveway was congested. Other pros: bed is comfortable. Gym is well equipped.
But, the great service alone is not quite enough to make up for the Internet charge (wifi connection is painfully slow), the expensive valet ($24), or the paper thin walls (able to hear soft conversations in the next room).
Overall I feel bad giving an average review since the people were really so nice, but at $189/night, there are some basics that the hotel couldn't match...with the thin walls being suboptimal.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Anchorage Marriott Downtown? Share your experiences!