I used to stay downtown Anchorage, but found it to be too noisy for a good nights sleep, and I've chnged location to Executive Suites the past 6 years. Ihave seen quite an improvement in the hotel the past two years. It is a budget hotel, but overall fairly clean. It is locally owned rather than corporate, and the owner seems to be putting all his money right back in the place. New card type lock for the doors two years ago. The owner keeps renovating the place- new beds going in and new paint outside in 2012.
The location is nice for an early morning or evening walk (about 3 minutes) to Lake Hood where it is interesting to watch all the float planes taking off and landing.
Front desk staff are friendly and helpful with smiles, and the shuttle driver was also friendly and helpful. Shuttle runs on the hour and 1/2 hour.
Breakfast is the basic free hotel breakfast, cereal, some fruit, fresh muffins and bread, coffee and juice. The lady who takes care of the breakfasts speaks about 8 different languages and is quite interesting to talk to. If someone wanted a big breakfast Gwennies Alaskan Restaurant is just up the street, and Village Inn is directly across the street.
There is a nice sitting area near the breakfast room where a group or family can meet.
Overall it is the best value for a hotel in Anchorage I have found, and I will keep staying here for the value and location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Americas Best Value Inn & Executive Suites Airport is conveniently located just 1.5 miles from Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport. Airport and Train Station Shuttle service is complimentary and is avail.24 hrs, Train Station Shuttle is seasonal. ABVI / Executive Suite Airport boast the best value in Anchorage for the economy market with large suites and studios and excellent customer service. ABVI/ Executive Suite Airport is used for hub in many cases for the close vicinity of Seward Hwy, Airport, downtown and Coastal Trail. Start your day with high energy continental breakfast with homemade waffles, muffins, several brands of cereal, fruit etc...Welcome to the LAST FRONTIER ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Hotels.com so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn - Executive Suite Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- America`s Best Value Inn - Executive Hotel Anchorage
- Americas Best Value Inn Anchorage
- Anchorage Americas Best Value Inn