“Good every time” 4 of 5 stars
Review of China Lights Oriental Cuisine

China Lights Oriental Cuisine
9220 Old Seward Highway, Anchorage, AK (Downtown)
(907) 522-5888
Neighborhood: Downtown
Skagway
“Good every time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

I was in Anchorage for business, and the China Lights was just down the strtt from where we were meeting. We ended up thre times there in a week, twice for luch and a third time for dinner. It's buffet style so it's quick, easy in and out, and all you can eat. Everything I tried was just fine, and I heard no complaints from my coharts. When we were ready to take a break and grab a meal everybody was happy with going to the LIghts.

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Miami
“If you like buffets, this just might be the place for you”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

First, I want to start out by saying that I came here as a guest of a family friend- and far be it from me to complain when getting a free meal! What I want to accomplish by writing this review is to give you a glimpse of my experience. I am a visitor to Anchorage, and this was the first Asian restuarant I have been to, so I cannot compare it to other Asian restaurants in town.
PROs: Easy to find; convenient if you are staying in or visiting south Anchorage; plenty of free parking; clean eating area and restrooms; four large buffet tables with a wide variety of mostly Asian food with a few American food choices; kids menu; pleasant, attentive service; nice atmosphere and decor, with a glass case of beautiful jade sculptures and tea sets.
CON: Average food- at best. I have had better in other places. Nothing was exceptionally good or bad. Kind of disappointing, given all the positives.
I would recommend this place if you are not picky about your food, and like to eat at buffets because that style of eating is a good value for your money. Ordering of the menu is an option- but as a guest, the host ordered the buffet for me.

• Visited May 2011