“great food and service” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast
Seattle, Washington
“great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

We love the food and the atmosphere! Very comfortable with friendly staff. When friends come from from out of state, we bring them here.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Anchorage, Alaska
“Slipping”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Granddaughter loved Kriner's, so we took her there for her birthdays. Last year they were closed so it has been two years since we ate there. Until this morning, when six of us from the family went for breakfast. Didn't ask her if she still rates them as high as before. Sort of doubt it though.

Sorry to say they have slipped badly during the interim. Gave them an A- in the past, C- today. Good and friendly service still though.

Hard to say what contributed specifically to the overall deterioration. I thought they always used those nice thick slices of wheat bread, sort of like the Village Inn does, not any more though, but then maybe, I forgot and their bread wasn't as good as I remembered. The hash browns tasted of a grill that hadn't been properly cleaned, you know, sort of like a "rancid" taste.

But, then, maybe we caught them on an off day.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Eugene
“Great Food, Good Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

My wife and I ate breakfast with friends at Kriner's Diner just after Christmas 2013. We thoroughly enjoyed the omelet we shared. Notable was the fact that when we asked to share an omelet, we were both served the side orders of hash browns and toast that came with the order. Often when orders are shared, the establishment simply hands out a second plate on which to divide the meal. That is surely fair, but it is exceptional when a restaurant goes beyond "fair" and provides side orders that go with the menu item on both servings.

The atmosphere in the restaurant was very conducive to our visit with our friends. Although the dining room is one large room, the noise level was such that conversation was not only possible, but enjoyable.

The service at our table was also commendable. The server was attentive, without being intrusive, since we were deeply involved in conversation with our friends.

I would highly recommend Kriner's Diner as a restaurant where ample portions of good wholesome food are served in a casual atmosphere.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Super Filling Breafast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

My husband and I enjoy going here for Sunday breakfast. They have a great menu to choose from, so there isnt a lack in choices. The price for the dishes is great for the amount of food. I always order Hashbrowns, Scambled Eggs (I ask for it on the dry side), sourdough toast and bacon. The hashbrowns are cooked to a nice golden crisp exterior. The sourdough, its delicious. They dont over butter it like most places. The bacon...amazing. The thick slabs are tasty and crispy. Not like those soggy limp bacons you get at dennys. Its good. I normally plcae it on my sourdough and eat it like a BLT minus the L and mayo. I normally get too full to finish my plate so I always take some home with me. If your wanting a great breakfast and good customer service, go here.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Anchorage, Alaska
“Consistently good food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

I eat at Kriner's several times a month. They remember me and what I like to eat and drink. While they are a little slow on coffee refills, that is about my only complaint. Food is always well prepared and the staff are friendly. Great place for lunch.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere