“Avoid it, if possible” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Arctic Bed & Breakfast

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Anchorage
Arctic Bed & Breakfast
You added Arctic Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
2607 Arctic Boulevard, Anchorage, AK 99503 (Midtown)   |
Ranked #87 of 121 Anchorage B&B and Inns
Berlin, Germany
“Avoid it, if possible”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

The Bed and "Breakfast" is located in midtown Anchorage, which means you are in the part of town you actually don't want to be. People you don't want to meet are hanging around the parking lot and this little motel-like B&B is having paper thin walls, so you can hear everything.
It felt like the person above our room was training for a marathon, you could hear any movement.
The B&B owner is a strange person, too. I guess he was drunk, maybe not, but there was definetely something wrong with him. He moved very slowly and his speech was loud but slurred.
And after we payed him, he and his employee went into the backyard drank and talked aloud untill 2 a.m.
I mean, the owner shouldn't be a person who keeps the guests awake because he's drinking in the yard.
We stayed there in the first place, because he wrote it was $60 a night. The website www.arcticbb.com isn't up to date, it's $89 now! Me and my travel partner were too tired to look for another hotel, so we gave it a try.
As mentioned, we hardly slept, because it was so noisy.

The Breakfast consicts of a plastic box with 2 pears, 2 bananas and 2 muffins.

I have to say though, that the room and bath was kind of clean and they had wi-fi internet. The facilities were just incredebly old and you didn't feel safe at all.

My advice is, try not to stay in any B&B or family run hotel in downtown or midtown Anchorage, because they look all the same. If I should visit Anchorage again, I will look for a hotel out of town and I encourage you to do the same.

Room Tip: Try to get a hotel or B&B out of town