Stayed here for a couple of nights. I was requesting lake checkout to a male employee at the front desk, but he told me that I had only until 1pm to check out or I would be charged. So I said I was a Platinum member and could request a priority late checkout. This is what he said, "yes, we give you until 1pm because you are Platinum.".
First of all, he did not even know I was a Platinum member when I first requested the late checkout. So 1pm checkout had to be something offered to every guest. Secondly, that was not a late checkout, but more like a grace period. Thirdly, since he was going to charge me for a real late checkout, so late checkout was available and they just did not want to offer it to platinum guests on a complimentary basis.
One of the Marriott rewards elite benefits is "priority late checkout". But this property offers every guest 1 hour grace period, and does not offer anything different to elite members - there is neither late checout nor priority.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Anchorage University Lake Hotel Anchorage
- Springhill Suites Anchorage University Lake Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a different kind of hotel with style and space, beautifully priced.Beautiful lakefront lodging with mountain views, in town. Featuring separate areas for sleeping, eating and working, SpringHill Suites provides guests with a microwave, mini-fridge, desk and pull-out sofa bed. Enjoy complimentary continental breakfast and airport shuttle, as well as pool, whirlpool, exercise room and wireless. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Tingo so you can book your SpringHill Suites Anchorage University Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.