“Near the Airport; Easy access to Anchorage and Points North/South” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Anchorage-Midtown

You added Crowne Plaza Anchorage-Midtown to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Anchorage-Midtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   109 W. International Airport Road, Anchorage, AK 99518 (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #16 of 71 Hotels in Anchorage
GreenLeadersBronze level
rwoman11
“Near the Airport; Easy access to Anchorage and Points North/South”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Used the CP Anchorage Midtown for a two night stay.

Check In:
I contacted the property in advance as my sister was arriving far earlier than my 1230am arrival. The property had no problem allowing her to check in and get settled.

Room:
We had a 2x double bed room. Flat screen TV, refrigerator, coffee/tea service, desk/chair, and good temperature control.

Plenty of towels in the bathroom along with toiletry items (bar soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion). The hairdryer was so-so - I commented to my sister that it looked like it should be better than it was.

Wifi: Free wifi worked pretty well.

Parking: Onsite parking is free.

IHG Platinum Benefits:
Free breakfast buffet for my sister and I was provided for the duration of our stay. The buffet had a good variety of items. Hot items: eggs, bacon/sausage, and potatoes. Cold items: yogurt, milk, juice, fruit. Other items: cereal, baked goods, toast.

Overall impression:
Given the location, room comfort, and great staff, I'd definitely stay at this property again.

I slept GREAT the first night. However, the second night was hit or miss due to some really loud neighbors that kept waking us up. I was so out of it (9 hour time difference/jet lag) that I did not call downstairs. As I departed earlier than my sister (330am), the desk clerk promised to deal with the problem since my sister wanted to get a few hours sleep before her departure.

Room Tip: Rooms on the backside of the hotel fact another hotel property vice the road.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
TMGAlaska, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Anchorage-Midtown, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Thank you for the detailed Trip Advisor review, we appreciate you taking the time to provide valuable information to other travelers. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Alaska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We came into town for business and pleasure over the weekend. The first morning I was told the boiler was broken and no hot water; ok things happen. Off to the Alaska Club and $8 later I got a shower. We came back that evening and again, no hot water. We let it run for 15 minutes. Called the front desk and their "engineer" came to the room and sat in our bathroom for 10 minutes with his hand under the water. He turned to me, rude and condescension filled saying with a smirk on his face, "What do you mean, there is hot water." The same thing the next morning; We let it run for 30 minutes. I called and Rose at the front desk told me they were working on it. 30 minutes later the same "engineer" came and in a consistant condescending tone said the same thing after setting for 5 minutes with his hand in out sink. HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO WAIT FOR HOT WATER??? Apparently at least 30 to 40 minutes. We have too many things to do to take the time and switch rooms, let alone hotels. So my question is this; after two mornings without hot water to start our day, will they make it up with customer service? Stay tuned.

• Stayed September 2013
TMGAlaska, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Anchorage-Midtown, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
I am so terribly sorry for your inconvenience, the problem as you listed in your comments were not consistent and difficult to diagnose. The hot water challenge has been repaired and I would certainly like the opportunity to make this up to you. I assure you that I will be following up on your comments regarding our staff. Again I apologize for your negative experience and we look forward to renewing your faith in our product and service.
Lakeville, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

This was our first hotel in Alaska and it was a beautiful hotel. It is newer and our room had a comfy king bed with plush sheets and covers. Fridge and microwave and a great view of the mountains. Rooms were very clean well taken care of and quiet.

We ate in the Juno restaurant and had their prime rib buffet on Friday night. One of us ordered off the menu and it had good presentation. Staff was attentive. Breakfast was served for our group in a private meeting room and was a hot (yes is was hot) buffet. Tere were also yogurt, etc as options too.

The staff was very helpful showing us to a walking trail etc. It is not located in downtown so there isn't much to walk to but it was a great location from the airport.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 318 and that was facing the mountains.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
TMGAlaska, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Anchorage-Midtown, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor, we appreciate the 4 star rating, I will share your thoughts with our staff.
Juneau, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Check-in was a breeze, with courteous front desk staff. The room was adequate, comfortable king sized bed. Although my room faced the street there were no disturbances from traffic. You won't hear anything if you keep the window closed. It was easy to adjust the thermostat in the room, so my room's temperature was comfortable. Lighting was quite adequate, and this room was clean. Very clean! The restaurant will get 2 1/2 stars, though, while overall I will give 4 stars. The breakfast menu was the same thing every day. Eating egg every morning for 4 days is no fun. Also, the dinner menu does not cater to vegetarians. However, I will stay there again.

Room Tip: I like the street view. It gives you something to look at other than the other hotel behind.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
TMGAlaska, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Anchorage-Midtown, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit a Trip Advisor review for your recent stay at The Crowne Plaza Anchorage-Midtown. I loved to hear that your room was "Very Clean!" our staff prides itself on keeping all of our rooms "Very Clean!" we have an awesome housekeeping staff. I will share your thoughts on adding more vegetarian options to our Juno Restaurant menu, we appreciate the feedback. Thank you again for staying with us, we appreciate your business.
North Brunswick, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

WE arrived in anchorage on a very late flight from san fran
they had a shuttle service which we waited for about ten minutes
our room was waiting
The desk person friendly and informative and we were able to grab a quick meal before restaurant closed
Our room was clean and comfortable
Great for arrival from long flight (we started in NJ)
location is not great for sight seeing and we did move to another hotel the following day
to be closer to center anchorage.However it was great for what we needed and would book again under similar circumstances.

Room Tip: free full breakfast included with excellent menu not good for sight seeing anchorage unless you hav...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor review we appreciate the 4 star rating and I'm glad to hear the Crowne Plaza staff were friendly and informative. I hope your Alaska vacation was amazing and we hope to see you again soon - one visit to Alaska is never enough!
rockford ,IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The Crown Plaza-Midtown is minutes away from the Anchorage Airport. It is very clean, relatively new, and comfortable. We stayed there one night before we embarked on a two week adventure in Alaska. The rooms were clean and beds were very comfortable. It was the day before Labor Day and it was very quiet. The complimentary breakfast was served in the hotel restaurant and was very good. Tablecloths, silver serving dishes, glasses and china. The entire buffet was included in the price of the room. Made to order omlettes and pancakes too! A great start to the vacation.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the five star review on Trip Advisor, we appreciate your business and hope to serve your hotel needs in the future when your travels bring you to Anchorage again.
Northborough, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I had some reservations based on the travelers advised read before getting there. But sincerely , I have no bad comments about this nice, well kept and really comfortable room . We stayed at the executive club floor ( 6th) floor, and I read about the low water pressure in the shower through various TA commentaries.
Well during our stay we did not had nor noticed any low water pressure in our room.
The room décor , the king bed, the pillows and the TV are 1st class, nice view and very quiet.
The hotel restaurant is magnificent, with a nice buffet lunch/dinner , and lot of food to choose
Breakfast buffet is excellent, with a very friendly and good service.
The only downside I found is, 1-little far away of downtown to be called "Downtown" hotel, and something the hotel should consider for tourist guest: Free downtown transportation, at least 2-3 times a day. There is a free shuttle every 30 minutes to the Airport, but none to downtown. An average cab ride cost you between $15 to $18 dollars, plus waiting time and luck downtown to get one.

Room Tip: Choose the club level, as it has a lounge open 24 hrs with some devours and free coffee and sodas e...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
TMGAlaska, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Anchorage-Midtown, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you for the 5 Star review for the Crowne Plaza Anchorage-Midtown and thank you for noting that the property no longer has a water pressure issue, we have added a additional pump which has solved the complaint entirely. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.