I had stayed at this hotel once when it first opened, and was impressed with the decor.
I had to go to Anchorage for work and was looking for a cheap room. I got a good deal on Priceline, so I wasn't expecting the best room in the house :)
The room I got was on the 4th floor.
Checkin was easy, although the front desk worker insisted that I take my ID out of my wallet, which took a while with the bags I was holding.
The room had a few issues - primarily with the bathroom.
The toilet paper dowel was missing, so the toilet paper was just on the back of the tank. I'm not sure where it went, but it would be something that shouldn't be missing.
Calling the shower a low pressure would be an understatement. The water came out at such a low pressure, that most of it seemed to drip straight down rather than spray out. I thought that this was strange since the shower head was 'branded' and seemed to be a crowne plaza custom piece. I don't have long hair, but it took nearly a minute to rinse out the shampoo. In an area with water conservation issues this may be important, but we've got plenty of good clean water here, so it should spray out!
The beds were great, the tv worked fine.
I've stayed in TONS of hotels, and thought it strange that this 3 star plus hotel doesn't offer any sort of continental breakfast unless you are in one of their 'executive' rooms with access to the lounge (not for the first 5 floors of this 6 floor hotel). Heck, the super 8, and most 2 star hotels at least have a muffin and some juice in the lobby.
Anyway - the hotel was OK, and since I paid substantially less for the room than the rack rate, I still think I got an OK deal. But if I had paid the rack rate at this hotel, and found these problems, I would have been pissed.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Anchorage-Midtown Hotel Anchorage
- Crowne Plaza Anchorage-Midtown Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you seek the best of Anchorage, discover the experienced staff and stylish elegance of the Crowne Plaza Anchorage Mid-Town. Located in accessible midtown Anchorage, the Crowne Plaza hotel is just minutes from downtown, shopping, the Alaska Railroad Station, H2Oasis, Dena ina Convention Center, the Anchorage Museum at Rasmuson Center and the Alaska Zoo. Just 2 miles from the Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport, the Crowne Plaza Anchorage Mid-Town makes your ride fast and comfortable in their complimentary shuttle. Savor a pleasant meal in the Juno restaurant or enjoy a cocktail before turning in for the night to your Sleep Advantage room.Business travelers will feel right at home at the Crowne Plaza Anchorage Mid-Town - generously sized work desks, free wireless and wired high-speed Internet access (HSIA). Located nearby are local companies such as British Petroleum (BP), Arctic Slope Regional Corporation, Alyeska Pipeline, CH2M Hill, Denali - The Alaska Gas Pipeline, Providence Hospital, Alaska Regional Hospital, Alaska Native Medical Center and the University of Alaska.Hotel guests will quickly realize Crowne Plaza is The Place to Meet. Whether holding a convention, banquet, board meeting, reception or informal event, your comfort and success are ensured. No matter if you are on your way to an adventure in remote Alaska, or here to experience Anchorage s big wild life you will find Crowne Plaza The Place to Meet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Crowne Plaza Anchorage-Midtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.