We stayed one night at the Crowne Plaza on the day we arrived into Anchorage. The desk clerk was nice and we found the lobby and rooms to be very clean. We had two rooms at the hotel and one of them was unexpectedly upgraded to a suite, which was a nice surprise. It was even better because the standard room had two double beds. I don't know why new hotels in this day-and-age are stocking rooms with double beds instead of queens, but the Crowne Plaza did. Meanwhile in the suite was a nice King size bed.
The location is the other thing for consideration. It is very convenient for staying near the airport, but this area is a dull crossroads of major roads surrounded by your typical chain restaurants & strip malls. The bustling downtown Anchorage area is 10 minutes north from here and it would not be convenient if downtown is your destination.
All-in-all, we had no complaints and enjoyed our night. Quiet, clean, comfortable as long as you get a king size bed. Just fine for 1 night. Juno looked nice and received good reviews from the locals, but we didn't try it or any other Crowne Plaza services. We'd stay again if we needed something by the airport, but we prefer downtown, where all of Anchorage's life is.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Anchorage-Midtown Hotel Anchorage
- Crowne Plaza Anchorage-Midtown Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you seek the best of Anchorage, discover the experienced staff and stylish elegance of the Crowne Plaza Anchorage Mid-Town. Located in accessible midtown Anchorage, the Crowne Plaza hotel is just minutes from downtown, shopping, the Alaska Railroad Station, H2Oasis, Dena ina Convention Center, the Anchorage Museum at Rasmuson Center and the Alaska Zoo. Just 2 miles from the Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport, the Crowne Plaza Anchorage Mid-Town makes your ride fast and comfortable in their complimentary shuttle. Savor a pleasant meal in the Juno restaurant or enjoy a cocktail before turning in for the night to your Sleep Advantage room.Business travelers will feel right at home at the Crowne Plaza Anchorage Mid-Town - generously sized work desks, free wireless and wired high-speed Internet access (HSIA). Located nearby are local companies such as British Petroleum (BP), Arctic Slope Regional Corporation, Alyeska Pipeline, CH2M Hill, Denali - The Alaska Gas Pipeline, Providence Hospital, Alaska Regional Hospital, Alaska Native Medical Center and the University of Alaska.Hotel guests will quickly realize Crowne Plaza is The Place to Meet. Whether holding a convention, banquet, board meeting, reception or informal event, your comfort and success are ensured. No matter if you are on your way to an adventure in remote Alaska, or here to experience Anchorage s big wild life you will find Crowne Plaza The Place to Meet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Crowne Plaza Anchorage-Midtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.