I stayed at the Hilton Anchorage for 5 nights while there on business. There are some plusses (the beds are comfortable, the staff is very warm and friendly) that I expected of a Hilton, and they delivered as expected. Unfortunately I was a bit surprised by the areas in which the hotel did not live up to the expectations I have of that brand. For one thing, the room was a bit tired: there were areas of water damage, the window was dirtier than I thought was possible, and the decor looked like it was planned in 1975. The other disappointment was the impression I got that they had not quite staffed up enough for their peak season.
Other things to be aware of, not necessarily good or bad, are:
- Internet is very expensive unless you are a gold member or have AT&T service at home (AT&T wireless service does not count).
- Parking is very expensive.
- The hotel was packed, mostly with cruise ship passengers, which gave the place something of a Boca Raton vibe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Anchorage hotel is a convenient ten-minute drive from Ted Stevens International Airport, and within walking distance of the Alaska Railroad Depot and Anchorage Convention District. Explore Anchorage's popular attractions including the Alaska Museum of History and Art, the Ulu Factory, Nordstrom and the Fifth Avenue Mall - all only two blocks from the hotel. Enjoy a comfortable stay in a stylish guest room featuring thoughtful amenities and high-speed internet access to help you stay connected with family and business. Dine in the inviting Hooper Bay Cafe and savor a variety of authentic Alaskan and American cuisine. Unwind in Bruin's Bar and catch up with the latest sports and news in this welcoming hotel bar. View the extensive Alaskan art collection in the lobby and enjoy a self-guided walking tour. Stay active during your stay with an energizing workout in the fitness center and refreshing swim in the indoor pool before unwinding in the steam room. Make business easy at the Hilton Anchorage hotel. Stay in touch with business in the 24-hour business center featuring a range of business friendly amenities and services. Our Anchorage hotel offers 20, 000 sq. ft. of flexible meeting and event space to easily accommodate business meetings, conventions, elegant weddings and special celebrations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda and Hilton Hotels so you can book your Hilton Anchorage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Anchorage Hotel Anchorage
- Hilton Hotel Anchorage
- Anchorage Hilton Hotel