“Good Hotel - Great Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X HHonors Points
Ranked #21 of 70 Hotels in Anchorage
“Good Hotel - Great Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is the best Hilton hotel we have ever stayed at in regards to customer service and management involvement. I have stayed at many Hilton’s around the world but I can't ever remember when so many managers and staff members ask how our stay was going and was there anything they can do to make your stay better. That is great customer service. They made you feel welcome and loved having you stay at the Anchorage Hilton. It was the kind of customer service and management involvement I wish every Hilton would copy.
The hotel itself was nice and in a good location. It was clean and secure as what I would expect from a well run Hilton. The breakfast buffet was good along with the service. The front desk staff went the extra mile to make our stay at the Anchorage Hilton a memorable event. The hotel had a nice gym with better and average equipment for a hotel gym.
I sent an email to the Hilton’s Customer Service a few days before our arrival requesting a room upgrade and when we arrived they upgraded us to a very nice room on the 22nd floor with a great view. Also the front desk breakfast gave us for two days because I mention to them before I retired from the federal government I would only stay at Hiltons and I was a Hilton Diamond member. That was unexpected but a very nice touch.
Another good idea customer service item that caught our attention was having food (Club Sandwiches) in our room that we ordered on the Hilton’s internet a couple days in advance be there when we arrived. They were in the room and were good to eat after such a long trip from Washington DC.
Yes I would recommend and stay there again if I ever had another opportunity to visit Anchorage, AK.
This hotel is a must stay when in Anchorage.

Room Tip: Contact them before you arrive if your looking for a room upgrade, I room on a high floor has the be...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Turkish first
Bemidji, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I was lucky enough to stay here 2 times in 10 days. It was wonderful!! I had a room in the Anchorage tower at the top. Lovely rooms with nice amenities. The staff was wonderful, especially the bellhops!! They were polite and very quick!! The hotel only offers valet parking. It can get expensive if you are there awhile. We had an event rate which helped. The serve Starbucks coffee in the lobby! Beds were comfortable and the rooms were nicely sized. My views were excellent!! Every request was handled immediately. Will go back when ever I can. Right downtown and easy to find places to eat.

Soldotna, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

The room was clean and smallish. TV was nice flat screen. View was to die for of the inlet, sunset and Alaska range. The workout room was the best I have seen in a hotel in Anchorage with a lot of cardio a space. The pool was clean and the warmest most comfortable I have seen in Anchorage also. Location was convenient as the conference was in the building and walking easy to many downtown restaurants. Negatives were paying for parking and walking to the hotel from the lot. We luckily didnt use the internet but to charge for that in this day and age is pathetic. Food prices in the lobby were outrageous also.

Room Tip: Any upper floor rooms have great views!!!!!
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I stayed here for a conference and it was an adequate hotel. Nothing stands out as exceptional, but the room was clean and the staff extremely polite and helpful. It is evident that this hotel is aging and struggling to keep up with the times but I cannot complain about anything in particular. I frequently stay at a Marriott and even in the older Marriott hotels, they seem to have done a better job at keeping the look fresh and the hotel up to date.

The room was very nice - I had requested a King but received two Doubles. They offered to change it for me but I liked the location and view from the room so I kept it. The bathroom is standard - tub and shower with nice water pressure. Unlike most of the pictures I have seen of these rooms, mine had a great flat panel TV that worked well. Otherwise, the room was just another hotel room... nothing to truly set it apart from the rest.

I did not eat at the hotel, but did have drinks with my colleagues in the hotel bar. Service was extremely nice and fast. Valet parking was $24 per day which I felt to be a little pricey but the service was fast and friendly.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay - great location and friendly hotel staff. Not the best hotel I've ever stayed in but far from the worst!

Elkhart, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Although this hotel is located in a downscale section of Anchorage, I felt very safe. The security is excellent as are the services. This hotel has a great business center, good dining services at different levels and was very clean!\

Room Tip: West Tower-the fitness center is there so you don't have to walk through the lobby in your post...
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I recently stayed at the Anchorage Hilton for a conference. Helpful check-in staff, room was clean, and the location served me well while in town. I had a room up on the 19th floor which provided a great view of the water and mountains beyond. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Try a higher floor in the Anchorage tower for a better view.
Barrow, Alaska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

No breakfast, no shuttle and EXTRA $13 for internet per day. Also nothing special about room except how high up you can be. Not worth the extra money PLUS all the extras like internet, breakfast and taxi ride - not worth it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
olesea v, Front Office Manager at Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear valued guest,

We would like to apologize for your experience at our property. Unfortunately we don't provide any transportation to or from airport. And It's a Hilton standard to charge for internet. We definitely apologize for any inconvenience and we would like to offer you a complimentary upgrade for your next stay and free WI-fi. Please, don't hesitate to contact me via email or phone, if there is anything else i can do for you.
Please, accept our apology again and thank you for choosing Hilton.

Olesea Velesco
Front Office manager
olesea.velesco@hilton.com

Been to Hilton Anchorage? Share your experiences!