“Warm and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 70 Hotels in Anchorage
Portland, Maine
“Warm and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I've stayed at the Hilton in Anchorage several times during business trips, and have been very comfortable. Some of the hotel's upper floors could use a little bit of a face-lift, but the rooms are perfectly clean and comfortable. The location is great; within walking distance to most of what downtown Anchorage has to offer!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Turkish first
Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Hilton Anchorage is a nice hotel but the staff are rude and not hospitable. We arrived close to midnight and we received a smoking double bed when I reserved a non-smoking king size bed. My husband is asthmatic and I have a 1.5 year old son so a smoking room would not do. They were not apologetic and took over an hour to get us another room. The new tower was a big difference than the old tower in quality and look. Every time, we needed to get help at the desk, the front desk were not friendly and responded as if you were taking up their time. We specifically called the front desk to ask if the wireless charged for every device if you were Hilton Honors Member. They said if you were Hilton Honors member you would only get charged once. We happily connected both our laptops. Upon checkout we received many internet charges. We asked for clarification and correction. They reluctantly agreed.I asked her if the number of corrected charges was correct and she looked at me like I was dumb so I trusted her. Later I looked at the bill again and there were still more than the number of days charged so I called billing. Again, they were rude and reluctant to help. Asking us which person at the front desk told us we could use Hilton Honors. We don't ask the names of front staff people when asking a simple question. Again, I called later to ask for a receipt of my bill. Again, they were rude. Hilton Anchorage has the worst customer service and the rudest people on staff. If they read this, they will just shrug their shoulders and move on. I will never stay there again. I wish I stayed at the Marriott!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
olesea v, Front Office Manager at Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear guest,

I would like to apologize for terrible experience you had during your stay with us. I can definitely guarantee you this is not a normal service we provide here at the Hilton and we strive to provide great service. I would like to discuss that with you in person. Please, email me at olesea.velesco@hilton.com or call me at 907-272-7411. Accept my apology again and I am looking forward speaking with you.
Have a great day

Olesea Velesco
Front Office Manager
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed in the McKinley Suite and held business meetings in its conference room. The bedroom was very nice and spacious. The conference room has a conference table for formal business meetings and a living-room-like space for more informal meetings. The staff took good care of us. Our bedroom and conference room had beautiful views of the fjords and snow-covered mountains, The convention center is only a few blocks away, which can be a problem if the weather is really bad. The only criticism that I would have is that the front desk personnel and bell men seemed a little inexperienced.

Milton, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stayed one night on a business trip and loved the location, staff and facility. The arrival area where you first pull in is a little tight and can get crowded so just be patient. I did not see a temp control in the room, but it was comfortable and not cold. I would stay here on a vacation also because of the central location. Granted downtown Anchorage is not huge, but this location helps when out walking around. There is a small executive lounge that has a nice outside balconey with great views. Thanks Hilton for another great stay.

Anchorage, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I had a nice room. Kind of a weird layout compared to other hotels (open the door & see the bed right there). But had lots of light, which I like.
I booked this hotel based on price. Was a little surprised to find you had to pay $24/day for non-optional valet parking. However the valets were very nice.
I found the elevator to the east tower VERY slow. I think only one of the two was working & often quite a wait.
I didn't like being in a whole separate tower from the fitness center/pool as I had no desire to traipse down my tower, cross the lobby & go up the other tower. And on the way back to do the same thing while waiting awhile for the elevator. Although apparently the east tower had nicer rooms (no basis for comparison).
Friendly staff.

Room Tip: Apparently east tower has nicer rooms (heard someone else say this). But west tower is where the fi...
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for a conference. The hotel itself is very nice, but the little things added up to make my opinion. First of all, when I checked in, I asked for the time the conference started and was given the wrong time. The rooms were nice, but the little toiletries they give you seemed like they were made for men, which is fine, but I think it's unusual. Then, they didn't even make up my room one day. I ordered Eggs Benedict for breakfast at the restaurant ($17) and the hollandaise sauce was just straight up cold, like they didn't even try to heat it up. Then, the elevator was broken. I told an employee there and they said they were aware of the broken elevator and were fixing it. Later, I got on the same elevator and it was still broken. When it got down to the bottom floor, the door wouldn't open. I don't think they should let people use a broken elevator. So, really, not huge things. I just believe that if a hotel is going to charge as much as this hotel, they should be held to a higher standard.

• Stayed October 2012
olesea v, Front Office Manager at Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
We are sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you expect from Hilton. We apologize for the malfunctioning elevator during your stay and have reported your concerns to our maintenance team to ensure service is restored as soon as possible. Your feedback regarding the condition of your breakfast meal will be addressed and we apologize it was cold. We will be sure to address the issues with the room amenities and hope you will consider giving us a second chance if you return to the area. Please email me directly when you will be in town next time and we will make sure to take acre of details

Olesea Velesco
Niagara Falls
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

The hotel is very nice and in a good location in the down town area near lots of shops and restaurants. It is less than a couple of blocks from the visitor centre. The rooms were very clean and quite large. The bed was very comfortable and we had good service.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Anchorage? Share your experiences!