“Accommodated late arrival. Wonderful breakfast. Friendly helpful proprieter.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Earth B&B

Earth B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Anchorage
Earth B&B
You added Earth B&B to your Saves list
1001 W. 12th Avenue, Anchorage, AK   |
Ranked #25 of 122 Anchorage B&B and Inns
Ouray
“Accommodated late arrival. Wonderful breakfast. Friendly helpful proprieter.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

This was my first stay at Earth B&B. My flight didn't get in until midnight and I had been travelling all day so it was very nice to find a key and instructions waiting so I could get straight to my room and catch a bit of sleep. I was up earlier than all the fisherman and others staying at the B&B but found a wonderful array of fresh fruit, pastries, meats, cheeses and beverages awaiting me. When I needed help getting a ride from Anchorage to Palmer about an hour North (no easy task in a town without much transporation infrastructure - especially on a Sunday) the host was nice in assisting me with contacts for a potential ride. The location is perfect. It's in a quiet neighborhood so you are away from city noise, but just a few blocks stroll to downtown where there are many restaurants and shops. Also close to the coastal trail which is great for walking, running and even skiing/snow shoeing in winter.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

It took me two tries over to summit Denali but whatever burden I suffered was mitigated by the tremendous hospitality and comfort provided by Lori at the Earth B&B over the past two years. It's a climbers haven as everyone from casual walkers to rugged mountainmen and women glide through on the way up or down with tales of triumph and challenges. I prefer the large downstairs bedrooms which offer some reprieve at night from the bright Alaskan midsummer sun, unless the nice en suite upstairs is available. The 4 shared bedrooms share 2 bathrooms so there can be a queue if the B&B is full which it was about half the time. The location is superb, a short walk or crawl from lively downtown Anchorage, and a simple drive from the airport. There's a high end grocery a block away, too. If Lori can't help you, she has some nearby contacts who can.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

Comfortable rooms, cozy living area, great breakfast, very good location (10 min walk to the city centre), and the most wonderful people ever! They gave us a lot of valuable info and advice, were as flexible as can be to accommodate our schedule, drove us to the airport and to the train station, and even to office of the company that had smoked our fish for us. Thanks guys! We enjoyed our stay with you so much!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Generally, we had a nice stay at this B&B. I would prefer not to share a bathroom, but I guess this was OK as cheaper than hotels available. One word of warning--the website advertises free shuttle service for airport and train station. Lori told us we could not be picked up at airport due to lack of a permit but promised she would deliver us to the train station the last morning of our stay. We confirmed with her the day before that she would be taking us to the train station and she verified that she would be. Alas, the next morning when we were ready to go, Lori was nowhere to be found. We ended up calling a cab (after waiting a little too long for her) and barely made our train. So......just beware of the advertising claiming free shuttle service. This may have just been a fluke, but did not work well for us. Otherwise, a decent stay.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Vanderbijlpark, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

We were a group of mountain climbers through a company called Mountain Trip and we stayed before and after our Denali expedition in this B&B. It's very clean, peaceful (zen) and the hosts are wonderful (Rhonda and Lori). Within walking distance of everything. Great breakfasts. Top rating!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

A 10-15 minute walk to the heart of downtown, but well worth it. Rates are very reasonable and considering the large breakfast selection (included) it's a good find. Lori and Rhonda exceptionally friendly and helpful. Our room was large, clean and comfortable. We meet alot of people staying there in preparation for Mt. McKinley climb - it was interesting talking with them and learning about the climb. All in all, a good experience which I'd recommend.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

I stayed at Earth before and after my 2011 climb of Denali (Mt. McKinley). Lori, the owner, was friendly, competent and very helpful in all aspects of my stay. Breakfast was impressive and fresh coffee was in the pot all day.

She even drove our group to a restaurant one night. The B&B is simple with comfortable beds and living area. The backyard was inviting. It is within walking distance of downtown Anchorage for dinner, breakfast or coastal walks.

Highly recommended. I would stay there again in a second.

Room Tip: down stairs may be a bit quieter
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Earth B&B? Share your experiences!