“A reasonably priced place to stay in Anchorage” 4 of 5 stars

AAA members save 10%
Ranked #9 of 70 Hotels in Anchorage
GreenLeadersSilver level
West Hyannisport, Massachusetts
“A reasonably priced place to stay in Anchorage”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

The Hampton Inn Anchorage is very comfortable, the staff is friendly and accommodating. It is a little worn but neat and clean. The rooms are spacious and the beds are soooo comfy. The free breakfast is good and the coffee is hot and plentiful. The rates are very reasonable and it is located conveniently to down town Anchorage and the airport. I would stay there again without hesitation - it has a pool, exercise room and available computers in the business center. .

Room Tip: I always ask for a room above the first floor away from the elevator.
Green Features: The towels are available to reuse to reduce water and detergent use. The staff recycles the room trash receptacles.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Andrew F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Anchorage, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for your review, I am glad our staff was able to make your stay great. We are gearing up for a full refresh of the property's guest rooms and public area's and we hope to see you again soon in our new rooms.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Soldotna, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I usually dirt bag it when I travel. However, this was a trip to remember! The hotel was clean and reasonably priced. I didn't have my swim suit, but I wish I had because there was a jacuzzi. They offered a breakfast buffet which is always good when traveling on a budget with friends. The management was helpful when I locked myself out of the room. They even offered warm free cookies when I checked in...I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Andrew F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Anchorage, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! It is always a real pleasure for me to hear that our guests enjoy staying with us. We also appreciate you including your feedback about your room and the hotel.

Thank you again for your comments. We hope to have you as a guest again soon!
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

The facility is clean and staffed by friendly, professionals. The warm cookies were a welcome treat at check-in. The kids had fun in the heated pool, while I relaxed in the jacuzzi nearby. The location is right in the heart of Anchorage, convenient to several restaurants and a movie theatre. The management must be excellent to have such a cohesive team so willing to help their guests have an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay with the Hampton Inn Airport! We realize you have many choices when it comes to lodging, and we sincerely appreciate your business.
We are always very pleased when a guest takes the time to share a wonderful experience at our property. Rest assured we will continue to strive to provide our guests with the great service you have come to expect from our property. Thank you again for your kind words. We hope to see you again.
Juneau,AK, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I had a good stay at this hotel. The staff was helpful and the van came and got me at the airport pretty quick. Once I got to the hotel, they informed me that the van was only for going to and from the airport. So not having the van was probably the only thing that was wrong with my stay. Just some advice, bring your own drinks and snacks from somewhere, because you don't want to have buy something from the little store right next to the front desk. $4.50 for a RockStar. It is in the same parking lot as Applebee's and across the street from Friday's and Golden Correll

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Andrew F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Anchorage, responded to this review, October 25, 2013

I was troubled to see the review about our shuttle because we run 24 hours to airport and we also run a downtown shuttle and south side shuttles to take guest to great restaurants and local places in there areas.
Anchorage, Alaska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

This place is terrible!!! When I opened the door it had an awful smell. I ended up keeping the heat up with the window open. I pulled down the comforter to find a hair in my sheets. I then found many hairs in the shower and the shower walls had dried crusty soap foam from someone else's shower!!!! The shower curtain was also dirty and it didn't close all the way. I am thoroughly disgusted and will NEVER stay here again!!!

• Stayed October 2013
Andrew F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Anchorage, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
I am really troubled to read your review of my property as I have not had any complaints regarding these issues. I will be addressing this with my staff and going over how we clean our rooms. The property is under going a full refresh and I am not sure why your room had issues as we strive for 100 percent cleanliness. I welcome you to contact me direct at 907-550-7000

seward
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I used to stay here a lot a long time ago when my son was just a few years old. Stayed with them last week for the first time in years. Very positive exp. At check-in (we were 15 minutes early) our room was not ready. They offered us another room that was ready. The hotel has been redecorated since I was here last time. Much nicer now. Loved the BBQ on the outside deck of the pool. Very clean, quiet place. Staff were very helpful. The breakfast lady came by and asked how my breakfast was. She appeared to actually care about my meal. I liked that she was very friendly to me and other guests. When guests came in she greeted them with a smile and hello. Kept the area clean and well stocked. All in all..... very good exp.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Citrus Heights, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Anchorage, Alaska. Very clean, quiet hotel. Complimentary breakfast was tastefully prepared, and there was plenty for everyone. The breakfast to go bags was a very nice touch for those days I didn't have time for a sit down breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Andrew F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Anchorage, responded to this review, October 21, 2013

I am so glad you had a great stay and a wonderful experience at our property. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Been to Hampton Inn Anchorage? Share your experiences!