“Avoid at all cost” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 70 Hotels in Anchorage
Northeast USA
“Avoid at all cost”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2008

What a nightmare. Our group booked 4 single rooms. Two of us were assigned rooms already occupied by other guests. Second room assigned was filthy. In third room I was assigned someone walked in on me.

No ramp to use to wheel your luggage in.

This is an old apartment building converted in to a hotel.

Beds were old, AC did not work, overall property was very dirty and run down.

The management of this hotel should be ashamed to pass this hotel off as a boutique hotel that is clean and in good condition.

I would never stay at this hotel again...I'd rather camp in the rain.

Earlier in the week we stayed at Hilton Garden Inn in Achorage, which was much nicer.

• Liked — I liked nothing about this hotel
  • Disliked — It was very dirty (and my standards are not that high)
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
IT_Thaish09, Administrative Assistant at Inlet Tower Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 26, 2009
I sincerely appologize for the infortunate circumstances that took place during your stay at the Inlet Tower and Suites. Our goal is to create an enjoyable stay for every guest. Your review is very important to us and we thank you for your honesty.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Northern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2008

My 13yr old daughter and I decided on a last minute Easter trip into Anchorage and Fairbanks Alaska. FABULOUS!! The people really are so helpful with directions or restaurant suggestions. My GPS did not work well in Fairbanks and I had to flag down many a passing vehicle. Everyone stopped to help! You don't find that in the bay area.

We stayed at the Inlet Tower and Suites in a very clean, yet somewhat austire room, void of any pictures or comforting items. BUT we had a corner room with three windows looking out onto Cook's Inlet and Mt. McKinley and downtown Anchorage. Anchorage has great restaurants and museums. We also loved the Zoo. Perfect time of year - March, between seasons with no waiting for anything.

Then we headed up to Fairbanks by plane (driving takes a long and somewhat dangerous drive), arrived late and were greeted by the Northern Lights, beautiful vivid green florescent in color. We visited the Ice Hotel, went dog sledding, and warmed up at the hot springs in Chena - don't miss this experience!

Back to Anchorage, more museums (that my 13yr old actually enjoyed) and great restaurants. Try Orso, Jens and Max Brothers Cafe, may seem pricey depending upon where you travel from. I am from the bay area, so it was not surprising to spend $25 to $35 apiece for an incrediable meal. By the way, in the bay area, portions are very petite - NOT IN ALASKA- you order a filet mignon and you get a piece of perfectly cooked meat bigger than your hand - do not order too many appetizers. This was true at every place we ate.

Girdwood is a skiers dream, I don't ski, but went up to the top of the mountain for a fantastic view! Again, in March, very few people on the slopes.

If you are looking for a place to stay, do not limit yourself to downtown Anchorage. If you have a car, check out the "greater Anchorage" area, it is CLOSE, approximately ten to fifteen minutes from downtown on large well groomed freeways.

Try H2Oasis for the kids, they have a wave pool, hot tub, huge water rollercoaster, and wonderful baby kids area.

I am seriously looking at Anchorage as a place to retire (soon hopefully), but I want to try living there a year before I buy.

ALASKA - A MUST SEE STATE!!!

IT_Thaish09, Administrative Assistant at Inlet Tower Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 27, 2009
Thank you for your review. I am pleased thet you enloyed your stay at the Inlet Tower and Suites. South Centeral Alaska is indeed a prime year round vacation spot. We hope you will visit us again on your next trip to Anchorage.

Been to Inlet Tower Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Inlet Tower Hotel & Suites

Address: 1200 L St, Anchorage, AK 99501
Location: United States > Alaska > Anchorage
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #34 of 70 Hotels in Anchorage
Hotel Class:3 star — Inlet Tower Hotel & Suites 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Inlet Tower Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Inlet Tower Hotel And Suites
Inlet Tower Hotel Anchorage
Inlet Hotel Anchorage

If you own or manage Inlet Tower Hotel & Suites, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.